FORUMS

Other than XDA (of Course), What’s Your Favorite Site That Covers Android?

There is a number of other great sites that cover … more

Introducing Voices of XDA: Have Your Ideas Heard

By far the greatest assets we have at XDA-Developers are you, the developers, the eager … more

Unofficial Xposed For Lollipop Touchwiz With Flashable Zip

XDA Recognized Developer arter97 has released an unofficial build … more

YotaPhone 2 Pre-Order, Xperia Z1 Price Cut – XDA TV

Android Wear 5.1.1 OTA downloads are now available. That and much more news is … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Allview X2 Soul - how to root

24th August 2014, 05:49 PM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Hello

Can you please help me with rooting instructions/tools for Allview X2 Soul (same phone as Gionee Elife S5.5)
I tried no. of rooting tools but it didnt work, tools that had succes on Gionee Elife S5.5 phones.

Model : ALLVIEW X2_Soul
Android : 4.2.2
Kernel : 3.4.39
Build: [SW VERSION] X2_Soul_0401_V5448 ; [HW VERSION] X2_Soul_Mainboard_P4

After successfull root I would apreciate instructions to install CWM and Custom Rom based on 4.4.2 Android, or even Gionee 4.4.2 official release.

Thank you !
 
 
26th August 2014, 05:49 PM |#2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Unhappy
hello my friends

no news from you. should I understand that nobody knows how to solve my problem(s) ?!
please try to help me (and other allview x2 soul owners). the stock rom from allview sucks. it drains battery way too fast and I need to replace it

thank you
best regards,
Robert Pfeilmayer
31st August 2014, 07:31 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Hello my friends

First of all I would like to thank each and every one of you for helping me out. NOT !
YES, it was a NOT joke.

For all of you who have an Allview X2 Soul phone and wish to have root access, please use the software found here (shuame.com/root/?rootjl_client) . Unfortunately only the chinese version works on this Allview phone, even if it is aparently the same with Gionee Elife S5.5 (chinese ver is at 2.0.1.3 while english ver is at 1.8.7) .
You use it a bit blind ... you have to install ADV drivers, open PC software downloaded from the link above, connect the phone to the PC with debugging option enabled and pres ROOT button (it is surrounded by chinese characters but it has ROOT word written somwhere inside the characters). In approx 40 seconds the phone is rooted.

Best regards !
Last edited by pfeilmayer; 31st August 2014 at 07:36 PM.
13th September 2014, 09:11 PM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfeilmayer

Hello my friends

First of all I would like to thank each and every one of you for helping me out. NOT !
YES, it was a NOT joke.

For all of you who have an Allview X2 Soul phone and wish to have root access, please use the software found here (shuame.com/root/?rootjl_client) . Unfortunately only the chinese version works on this Allview phone, even if it is aparently the same with Gionee Elife S5.5 (chinese ver is at 2.0.1.3 while english ver is at 1.8.7) .
You use it a bit blind ... you have to install ADV drivers, open PC software downloaded from the link above, connect the phone to the PC with debugging option enabled and pres ROOT button (it is surrounded by chinese characters but it has ROOT word written somwhere inside the characters). In approx 40 seconds the phone is rooted.

Best regards !

Its not woking plus you get some nasty malware so i dont recoment the above solution , i have x2 soul whit android 4.4.2
14th September 2014, 01:58 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
I'm happy for you that you updated your phone to 4.4.2. Great job !!! Now, I believe that you noticed that I gave the solution for 4.2.2 and I had NO problems with malware and/or any other BS since I have and use BitDefender and it didn't warn me about anything.

Anyway I allso updated to 4.4.2 and the solution mentioned above DOES NOT WORK. It worked only on 4.2.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by merkava4

Its not woking plus you get some nasty malware so i dont recoment the above solution , i have x2 soul whit android 4.4.2

Last edited by pfeilmayer; 15th September 2014 at 06:10 PM.
21st September 2014, 09:40 AM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Try iroot.apk. I managed to root both x2soul and gionee S5.5 with them
21st September 2014, 09:42 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Hello

Thank you. Wich android version did you have on X2 Soul ?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexpeto

Try iroot.apk. I managed to root both x2soul and gionee S5.5 with them

The Following User Says Thank You to pfeilmayer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st September 2014, 10:10 AM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
android kk
29th October 2014, 05:01 AM |#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Thumbs down
iroot its not god for 4.4.2 its some kind of malware
i will not root you phone even we ils tell you that the root was done succesfuly
no app that needs a root acces will work
in my case i got stuck whit a .com service that i cant remove
i can only turn it off
2nd May 2015, 03:49 PM |#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I manage to root my x2 soul using kingo root for pc Search on google for it Try multiple times to root bcs not work for the first time .Usb debugging must be enabled
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes