OP Primenay

13th September 2014, 01:38 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Indianapolis
Thanks Meter: 0

120 posts
Donate to Me
More
I am going on a trip this winter and I want to bring my 2012 Nexus 7 with me. I am always very security conscious and so I usually don't bring my devices with me because I am forced to use public wifi on trips. It got me thinking this year, does Android sync feature use TLS/SSL to encrypt the traffic when it is synced so as not to give away your account information? Could someone packet sniff and see your information in plain text? I looked all over and I could not find the answer to this question. Specifically, does it encrypt my Google account data when it syncs? The fact that this is not documented somewhere is not good.

I am hoping someone in this elite community I am apart of could help me find the answer to this question
20th September 2014, 07:32 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Indianapolis
Thanks Meter: 0

120 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primenay13

I am going on a trip this winter and I want to bring my 2012 Nexus 7 with me. I am always very security conscious and so I usually don't bring my devices with me because I am forced to use public wifi on trips. It got me thinking this year, does Android sync feature use TLS/SSL to encrypt the traffic when it is synced so as not to give away your account information? Could someone packet sniff and see your information in plain text? I looked all over and I could not find the answer to this question. Specifically, does it encrypt my Google account data when it syncs? The fact that this is not documented somewhere is not good.

I am hoping someone in this elite community I am apart of could help me find the answer to this question

I don't like bumping but this hasn't been touched in a week or so. Any thoughts on my question?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread