[Q] App to raise/enable volume for particular callers?

OP msarro

22nd August 2014, 03:11 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

57 posts
Donate to Me
Hey everyone, I need help.
2 years ago I picked up a pair of galaxy s3's for my wife and I. She had had an old nokia POS that she never bothered to answer because she always had it on silent. It was an endless source of frustration.

As part of getting the new phones (doubling our monthly plan's cost), I made her promise to keep the sound on on her phone. In my view, we usually call each other when we need something ASAP, so the phone is like an emergency device. Her reason is she doesnt like to have a ringer in public places or at work, and she cant hear or feel vibrate, so it can take hours of calling over and over to get through for her. Not very good when it's an emergency, right?

This morning it took close to 2 hours to get in touch with her, during an emergency where I was stranded on the side of the road. It ended up leading to a loss of money, and a huge argument. I want this resolved.

So, is there any way, or any app that will automatically raise the volume/enable the ringer for a particular set of callers? That way she can keep her phone silent as she likes, but she can still have a ringer go off when I or her family call her.

I've heard folks say locale can do it, but they have no demo and I haven't gotten a response from emailing them. The app is 10$, so it's a steep jump to have it not turn out to do what we need.

Any advice would be really appreciated.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread