Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,266 Members 47,220 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] show a captive portal for users that ride on my android portable hotspot

Tip us?

mikycomputers
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] show a captive portal for users that ride on my android portable hotspot

Hello,

I want to direct every user that connects through my portable hotspot I open on my Android to a captive portal - html page or something.
How can it be done? Is there any app for this? Is it possible?

I've searched and didn't find something like that, all I've found about captive portal is to automatically log in to a captive portal through the Android and not make the user that connect through the Android see/press a captive portal.
Also of course, I've found ways to do it on a normal router but not on a smartphone.

Thank you very much,

mikycomputers
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikycomputers View Post
Hello,

I want to direct every user that connects through my portable hotspot I open on my Android to a captive portal - html page or something.

I've searched and didn't find something like that, all I've found about captive portal is to automatically log in to a captive portal through the Android and not make the user that connect through the Android see/press a captive portal.
Also of course, I've found ways to do it on a normal router but not on a smartphone.

Thank you very much,
Hello, Is anybody has answer for this?

Thanks,

mrgetalife
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Sorry I can't help but I've been searching myself for months. And this almost got my hopes up..

What I want to do is turn my device into a portable web server.

But here's what I envisioned. You are at a large convention. There is no Cellphone tower signal and the location doesn't provide wifi. You want people to get a PDF file on the spot. Blackberry, iOS, Android whatever can access the wifi. So you make a small portable device that can serve up webpages. I could do this all on a laptop. But 6 ounce device that can do all that would be much better.

So just putting it out there for some developer reading this going man why would someone want a captive portal on android.

SimonTS
Old
(Last edited by SimonTS; 7th July 2013 at 11:56 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1552
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikycomputers View Post
Hello,

Thank you very much,
Having been pointed to this thread from another I was involved in, you may want to have a look at Using an Android as a webserver

Or...

kWS - Android Web Server

PAW Server for Android
Sent from the darkest corners of my mind
The Following User Says Thank You to SimonTS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JHthe4
Old
Thanks Meter 2
+1, I need this as well.
Has anyone found a solution yet?

JBmorris
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I've been thinking the same thing and could not get anything. I'm gonna try SimonTS post/reply and see if it works.