http://www.asus.com/Tablets_Mobile/A...Desk_Download/

but can not know how to flsah my device
plz help thanx
The Following User Says Thank You to nokia alkng For This Useful Post: [ View ]

1st August 2014, 08:00 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11

More
any one tell me how to flash i put firmware zip inside sd card and press sd download but its said cant found firmware img
15th September 2014, 06:40 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nokia alkng

any one tell me how to flash i put firmware zip inside sd card and press sd download but its said cant found firmware img

Just place the downloaded firmware (UL-xxx.zip) into root folder on your internal storage or external sdcard. The system will automatically recognize it and asking do you want to flash it.

Just make sure you had the correct regional firmware (mine was WW)
The Following User Says Thank You to edors For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th December 2014, 12:46 PM |#4  
Flag Lucknow
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by edors

Just place the downloaded firmware (UL-xxx.zip) into root folder on your internal storage or external sdcard. The system will automatically recognize it and asking do you want to flash it.

Just make sure you had the correct regional firmware (mine was WW)

mine is also WW for model no-K012
BT i want to know as how will i flash if the device doesnt turns i.e stuck at logo like problem.....

is there any method if so please elaborate
12th December 2014, 03:20 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vks.sud

mine is also WW for model no-K012
BT i want to know as how will i flash if the device doesnt turns i.e stuck at logo like problem.....

is there any method if so please elaborate

Rename your downloaded firmware to K012_sdupdate.zip then copy to your MICROSD. Now you just have to go into droidboot mode.

Follow the step below to go into droidboot. (Start by turn off your device).
1. If you had never update to kitkat before, go into droidboot by holding VOL DOWN + POWER until droidboot menu is present.

2. If you have update to kitkat before (or currently on kitkat), boot into droidboot by holding VOL UP + POWER until menu is present.

Next step depend on menu that appear on your droidboot menu:
1. If you had SD UPDATE option presented on the MOST BELOW option, go on and select it. (Beware, you should choose SD UPDATE not SD DOWNLOAD)
2. If your menu doesnt show SD UPDATE, then you had to choose RECOVERY.

I think thats all to do, your device must have start the update process by now.
CMIIW
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to edors For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th December 2014, 08:55 AM |#6  
Flag Lucknow

More
But there is no recovery mode in this device like cwm or twrp..............

have a look.....

in the video below i have started in recovery without puting the firmware archieve in sdcard....will it surely work...

and one thing more is there ant way to install cwm or twrp or any other recovery on this device......
Attached Files
File Type: zip video-2014-12-09-20-26-23.mp4.zip - [Click for QR Code] (6.10 MB, 6530 views)
18th February 2015, 08:10 PM |#7  
Flag Eresk
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Flash fonepad firmware
It's very easy. Just put the downloaded zip file in the root of you internal memory and you will see a notification which says it has detected a new update file. Tap on it and install.

Good luck
19th February 2015, 08:46 AM |#8  
Flag Lucknow

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Erfani

It's very easy. Just put the downloaded zip file in the root of you internal memory and you will see a notification which says it has detected a new update file. Tap on it and install.

Good luck

but this can be done when the device starts what if it is in bootloop or hang on boot logo
19th February 2015, 10:07 AM |#9  
Flag Eresk

More
Quote:

but this can be done when the device starts what if it is in bootloop or hang on boot logo

Then you need to use ADB tools and fastboot. Before anything you need to download the attached files which contains ADB tools and intel usb drivers. Download the files and extract it somewhere . Go to "intelandroiddrvsetup1.1.5.zip" and install the drivers. Then Power off your tablet. Hold down the Volume + and Power and rlease at the Asus logo comes up. Now you will see the fastboot menu.
Connect your tablet to your PC. Now go to the folder you extracted the zip file. Press the Shift key and Right click somewhere in the folder. Choose "open command window here".
Then type this commands one by one and press Enter:
fastboot erase cache
fastboot erase system
fastboot erase userdata
Then you need you flash the a stock firmware. Download the appropriate firmware from Asus website. There are three .img files in the firmware zip file (fastboot.img, boot.img, splashscreen.img). Copy all these three files to the extracted folder. Now type the following command in the command window one by one:
fastboot flash fastboot fastboot.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash splashscreen splashscreen.img
The last step is that you should put the firmware zip file on your external SD card. Rename it to k012_sdupdate.zip
Now use the volume keys on you tablet to choose the Recovery (if you have updated to 4.4.2) or SD Update (if your android version was 4.3). Press the Power to choose it. The tablet will reboot and flash the firmware.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ADB and asus usb drivers.zip - [Click for QR Code] (9.32 MB, 9448 views)
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ali Erfani For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th February 2015, 02:47 PM |#10  
Flag Lucknow

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Erfani

Then you need to use ADB tools and fastboot. Before anything you need to download the attached files which contains ADB tools and intel usb drivers. Download the files and extract it somewhere . Go to "intelandroiddrvsetup1.1.5.zip" and install the drivers. Then Power off your tablet. Hold down the Volume + and Power and rlease at the Asus logo comes up. Now you will see the fastboot menu.
Connect your tablet to your PC. Now go to the folder you extracted the zip file. Press the Shift key and Right click somewhere in the folder. Choose "open command window here".
Then type this commands one by one and press Enter:
fastboot erase cache
fastboot erase system
fastboot erase userdata
Then you need you flash the a stock firmware. Download the appropriate firmware from Asus website. There are three .img files in the firmware zip file (fastboot.img, boot.img, splashscreen.img). Copy all these three files to the extracted folder. Now type the following command in the command window one by one:
fastboot flash fastboot fastboot.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash splashscreen splashscreen.img
The last step is that you should put the firmware zip file on your external SD card. Rename it to k012_sdupdate.zip
Now use the volume keys on you tablet to choose the Recovery (if you have updated to 4.4.2) or SD Update (if your android version was 4.3). Press the Power to choose it. The tablet will reboot and flash the firmware.

what do u mean by choose the Recovery (if you have updated to 4.4.2) ..there is no custom recovery for this tablet???
The Following User Says Thank You to vks.sud For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th February 2015, 03:48 PM |#11  
Flag Eresk

More
Quote:

what do u mean by choose the Recovery (if you have updated to 4.4.2) ..there is no custom recovery for this tablet???

I mean before you had this problem. The fastboot menu is different for Android 4.3 and 4.4
I don't know if there is a custom ROM for this tablet or not!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ali Erfani For This Useful Post: [ View ]

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
fonepade-7

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)