Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,985 Members 53,786 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Asus Zenfone 5 - Unfortunately google play services has stopped!

Tip us?

kabak79
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Unhappy Asus Zenfone 5 - Unfortunately google play services has stopped!

Hi guys

I'm asking you for HELP because I lost hope how to fix my problem with my new Asus Zenfone 5 on my own. I bought phone from China - Spemall.com (good and safe website). Phone is brilliant and very well made all is perfect except one thing - it was no play store installed. All other phones and tablets from them had play store installed this is first time when I had device without it.

I have this phone for two days now I was trying almost everything (in my opinion everything) to install both first Google Play Services and after that Play Store.

I downloaded both latest versions apk and first installed services and after play store but when trying to tap in play store icon all what I getting is

---Unfortunately Google play services has stopped.

I was cleaning data, cache, reinstalling both apps and even I did few times factory reset but nothing. I was still getting famous massage --- Unfortunately Google play services has stopped. Whatever I press Google settings or play store it will always end up in this same way.

Phone is not rooted!!!

I was using guides from you tube because that was easy start and you must start somewhere and sometimes when problem is little you are able to fix it but this time is different and my knowledge and you tube is not enough that's why I asking you guys to help me in this difficult moment.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Best regards

Kabak

crazykk
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I think zenphone 5 is new and u have to wait
for new rom or root
install mobigenie instead of playstore
The Following User Says Thank You to crazykk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kabak79
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazykk View Post
I think zenphone 5 is new and u have to wait
for new rom or root
install mobigenie instead of playstore
Hi Crazykk

Thanks for you help I did installed this before but did not liked and after watching you tube I found how to install: mobile 1 ---- Aptido and Amazon store (Amazon is tragically bad with few apps free).

Mobile 1 and Aptido are very good I must find out what I did before because you tube does not work I had Google play services installed and I was working few things on you tube just to check if they work.

Still looking for solution to get Google play services and Google play store to work .

Thank you for your help.

Regards

kabak

crazykk
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I am from india i sold my xolo a500s nd planning to buy a Asus Zenfone 5 A501CG
but waiting for root
have u found any root method
sorry for off topic.

kabak79
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazykk View Post
I am from india i sold my xolo a500s nd planning to buy a Asus Zenfone 5 A501CG
but waiting for root
have u found any root method
sorry for off topic.
Not yet is new model and that's why we have so much problems nobody knows yet what a schame.

Biwole
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Same problem..

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabak79 View Post
Not yet is new model and that's why we have so much problems nobody knows yet what a schame.
I have same problem too... i bought my phone from spemall.com too...

But idiots send me CN_user version... Stupid idiots... and there is no PLAY STORE..

There is(icon like bag / ASUS (written) ) but its only ChINESE.. you can find so aplications and install them... i installet outlook.com, viber, metatrade, display test, google maps,
its working you can install aplications.. BUT FU KIN ChINESE....

WHY those spemall think i need chinese version.... i wrote to them for help... to install play store or WW version... but stil they dont help me...

and i think to send back this phone..

if you want to use this phone without play store...
1. use chinese play store its working
2. install apk MOBOGENIE MARKET (i used it and its work again. just right now installed / team viewer ) its working good. (i think its working like play store)

BUT i want to ROOT WW_user version of my phone.

bye the way phone is AWESOME.. thank you spemall.. and FUK you spemall sending me CN version..

So if you fix problem with installing play store... please share it... i and trying to find out from 3 days

vanngoh
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biwole View Post
I have same problem too... i bought my phone from spemall.com too...

But idiots send me CN_user version... Stupid idiots... and there is no PLAY STORE..

There is(icon like bag / ASUS (written) ) but its only ChINESE.. you can find so aplications and install them... i installet outlook.com, viber, metatrade, display test, google maps,
its working you can install aplications.. BUT FU KIN ChINESE....

WHY those spemall think i need chinese version.... i wrote to them for help... to install play store or WW version... but stil they dont help me...

and i think to send back this phone..

if you want to use this phone without play store...
1. use chinese play store its working
2. install apk MOBOGENIE MARKET (i used it and its work again. just right now installed / team viewer ) its working good. (i think its working like play store)

BUT i want to ROOT WW_user version of my phone.

bye the way phone is AWESOME.. thank you spemall.. and FUK you spemall sending me CN version..

So if you fix problem with installing play store... please share it... i and trying to find out from 3 days
Go to this forum, got method to change frm CN ver to WW ver. In pg 70 onwards. Must go to asus.com singapore site to download the official firmware.

Meanwhile, enjoy this beautiful phone!

---------- Post added at 06:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 AM ----------

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/an...646560-81.html