FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROOT/TWRP] Asus Zenfone Go ZC500TG/Z00VD

26 posts
Thanks Meter: 29

By keityrobins, Junior Member on 31st December 2015, 09:11 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
First and all, DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!*Credits goes to the devs of 4pda.ru for discovering this method and to Pedro Fortunato for sharing the link.
REQUIREMENTS, PREREQUISITES
Computer, Laptop will do.Asus Zenfone Go Unit - obviously
Adb drivers -*https://mega.nz/#!2scCERxC!gbNd6tJcr...6-GfZVVl9g97fI download this.
ADB, Root file, Twrp - https://mega.nz/#!HtN03SCa!WxQJ3a33C...ZtMk-4jQeL1ykU
Methods
1. PREPARE THE FILES ON YOUR COMPUTER AND PHONE
a. On your computer, Install ADB drivers and extract the files on the given link. To Install the driver, extract the one given from the link and right click on android_winusb.inf and select install. Another way to install it is to download from adbdriver.com and download th ADB Driver Installer.
b. On your device enable developer option by tapping build number on about phone.
c. Go to Developer options - turn on Allow OEM Unlocking and Usb Debugging.
2. UNLOCK YOUR BOOTLOADER
a. Turn off your devices.
b. Press Volume up + power simultaneously to go to the bootloader
c. Use volume up to navigate and navigate to fastboot, select by pressing volume down
d. On your computer, go to the extracted file (the one i provided from mega.nz) and press shift + right click, the select open command window here.
e. Once on the command prompt type
fastboot devices
f. if your device appeared (denoted by serial number and device) type
fastboot oem unlock
g. on your device, follow the on screen instruction, press volume up to agree on unlocking bootloader
NOTE THIS WILL FORMAT YOUR DEVICE SO MAKE SURE YOU ENSURE YOU BACKED UP
h. Wait for it to return to fastboot mode.*Reboot. If you cant reboot it, reinsert battery and turn it on, it will now format your device. It will usually take time to boot so be patient.
i. Once booted go back to developer options again and enable oem unlock and usb debugging.
3. FLASHING TWRP RECOVERY
Done with unlocking? Lets proceed to flashing TWRP RECOVERY.
[WARNING AGAIN: DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. DOUBLE CHECK THE FILES, DOUBLE CHECK THE*COMMANDS THAT YOU TYPE]
a. On your pc, again go to the extracted file, open the command prompt as instructed before and type this
adb reboot bootloader
b. Your phone will restart to bootloader again, select fastboot again. Dont close the cmd.
c. On the command prompt type
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
d. It will now flash the twrp. Ensure that the recovery is flashed correctly.
e. Reboot to recovery by holding volume up + down + power to shut it down without removing rom pc and by pressing vol up and power to boot to bootloader and selecting recovery.
f. IF YOU ARE NOW ON THE TWRP. CONGRATS. You have only one thing to do. Flash the root package.
4. FLASHING THE ROOT PACKAGE
a. Boot your phone and copy the root package to your internal storage.
b.Reboot to TWRP Recovery, once there select install and browse for UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip you just copied, swipe to install. Then viola! YOUR PHONE IS NOW ROOTED.
AGAIN, I WILL NOT BE HELD LIABLE IF YOUR PHONE DIED, EXPLODED, ATE YOU OR COMMITTED SUICIDE. AGAIN AGAIN. ALL CREDITS GOES TO THE DEVS OF 4pda.ru especially Jemmini for the TWRP Recovery
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to keityrobins For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift keityrobins Ad-Free

1st January 2016, 02:52 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Yea please there's more people looking for it here at xda
2nd January 2016, 12:47 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
me too I have the same problem! any solution? please help and happy new year!
The Following User Says Thank You to domebruno For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift domebruno Ad-Free
2nd January 2016, 10:03 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
yes please
The Following User Says Thank You to Vic Rattlehead For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Vic Rattlehead Ad-Free
4th January 2016, 02:16 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Yeah im waiting too , please where people that knowledge about root please makes for asus zenfone go
The Following User Says Thank You to Ayman98 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ayman98 Ad-Free
5th January 2016, 02:50 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
How root asuse zenfone go?
5th January 2016, 10:55 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I think we should root this phone like rooting other mtk devices
sorry for my bad english
7th January 2016, 09:40 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by keityrobins

Hello. I would like to ask for help about our phone. As of now there are no working rooting method available and we cannot move apps to sd since asus disabled that option, our internal storage is therefore limiting us to install more apps. Anyone knows how to root it would be of great help.

Asus Zenfone Go has MT680 chipset running android 5.1.

Hello! There was a fully working right way to get Root! The forum 4pda found a solution to this problem
8th January 2016, 12:37 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
it seems the Russians have done it
http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showt...ost&p=45947797

would anyone like to try?

please post feedback here!
8th January 2016, 02:11 AM |#10  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by burovik26

Hello! There was a fully working right way to get Root! The forum 4pda found a solution to this problem

will try
8th January 2016, 02:12 AM |#11  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrofortunato

it seems the Russians have done it
http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showt...ost&p=45947797

would anyone like to try?

please post feedback here!

will try and feedback