[Q] Best Buy Insignia 7" Tablet NS-15AT07

OP EMARTY69

20th August 2014, 04:26 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Hello, all... I just purchased an Insignia 7" tablet from Best Buy model# NS-15AT07. I'll start off by admitting I am a total NOOB! I used to peruse these forums back in the day and managed to root the first Google Nexus phone when it came out. So, I am a little familiar with the process. However, I am having the hardest time rooting this tablet.
First off, I got the ADB drivers by installing PDANet to search for them. Second, I tried Kingo Root and vRoot to no avail.
Kingo Root could see the tablet, but as soon as the process started, Windows 7 64-bit gave me an error "adb.exe has stopped working." Kingo Root just said "fail" and "installADB."
vRoot was a little more promissing. It started fine, installed some apps on the tablet and an alternate Marketplace in Chinese, but also ended in failure.
I have a feeling its the ADB drivers I have, but I have tried to get specific drivers from Insignia to no avail. What other options do I have for this little tablet?
Thanks in advance.
Ed
24th August 2014, 09:18 PM   |  #2  
Flag Belton, TX
Thanks Meter: 34

407 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMARTY69

Hello, all... I just purchased an Insignia 7" tablet from Best Buy model# NS-15AT07. I'll start off by admitting I am a total NOOB! I used to peruse these forums back in the day and managed to root the first Google Nexus phone when it came out. So, I am a little familiar with the process. However, I am having the hardest time rooting this tablet.
First off, I got the ADB drivers by installing PDANet to search for them. Second, I tried Kingo Root and vRoot to no avail.
Kingo Root could see the tablet, but as soon as the process started, Windows 7 64-bit gave me an error "adb.exe has stopped working." Kingo Root just said "fail" and "installADB."
vRoot was a little more promissing. It started fine, installed some apps on the tablet and an alternate Marketplace in Chinese, but also ended in failure.
I have a feeling its the ADB drivers I have, but I have tried to get specific drivers from Insignia to no avail. What other options do I have for this little tablet?
Thanks in advance.
Ed

Did you ever get this rooted?
28th August 2014, 04:54 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
No luck yet
3rd October 2014, 03:50 PM   |  #4  
Flag Chicagoland
Thanks Meter: 28

244 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMARTY69

No luck yet

Ever get this rooted? I'm considering picking one up.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
best buy insignia tablet root
Previous Thread Next Thread