Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Best between Opera/Firefox/Dolphin

OP tlf55

5th August 2014, 10:01 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 83

986 posts
Hi, I'm not searching for the speedest one or something like that, i'm searching for one browser that have zoom if my thumb press 2 link .. (like Chrome) and the one which is offering better text rendering .. and also one which doesn't use much battery (because Chrome is a non go for battery .. it's killing my battery)
5th August 2014, 11:32 AM   |  #2  
Flag Tucson, AZ
Thanks Meter: 278

988 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlf55

Hi, I'm not searching for the speedest one or something like that, i'm searching for one browser that have zoom if my thumb press 2 link .. (like Chrome) and the one which is offering better text rendering .. and also one which doesn't use much battery (because Chrome is a non go for battery .. it's killing my battery)

This'll probably get locked or merged into another thread, but I'll give my opinion anyway.

I like Dolphin. Chrome and Firefox do weird things with text sizes on various pages. Especially forums. One post will have GIGANTIC TEXT, while the next will have tiny text, almost arbitrarily, it seems. I want to like Firefox on my phone, especially since I use Firefox on my computer, but I just can't. And Chrome doesn't support Flash, so screw that.

So I use Dolphin. Text gets formatted properly, you can block ads (even without root), it supports Flash, etc. It's not the fastest - in fact it's one of the slowest when it comes to benchmarks, but once things render, I find that it's the most complete mobile browser.

I can't speak for Opera, or most other browsers for that matter. I tried Puffin briefly (it's been a while though), and although it's supposedly the fastest, the interface and navigation sucks, or at least it did back then. I've downloaded CM browser, but haven't played much with it yet. Honestly, I miss the ICS browser on my old Droid Razr Maxx (with Flash, of course).
5th August 2014, 10:00 PM   |  #3  
Flag Places
Thanks Meter: 74

120 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:

i d pick dolphin but uc browser is the best. it s got every feature u d want and it s still very fast and light and also supports flash
5th August 2014, 10:41 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 83

986 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambychy

i d pick dolphin but uc browser is the best. it s got every feature u d want and it s still very fast and light and also supports flash

So UC isn't battery killer ? ..
5th August 2014, 10:44 PM   |  #5  
Flag Places
Thanks Meter: 74

120 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:

So UC isn't battery killer ? ..

no. i have been using it for a long time. it s great
The Following User Says Thank You to Ambychy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th August 2014, 10:45 PM   |  #6