Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,635 Members 38,665 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Best between Opera/Firefox/Dolphin

Tip us?

tlf55
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 81
Default [Q] Best between Opera/Firefox/Dolphin

Hi, I'm not searching for the speedest one or something like that, i'm searching for one browser that have zoom if my thumb press 2 link .. (like Chrome) and the one which is offering better text rendering .. and also one which doesn't use much battery (because Chrome is a non go for battery .. it's killing my battery)

Planterz
Old
Thanks Meter 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlf55 View Post
Hi, I'm not searching for the speedest one or something like that, i'm searching for one browser that have zoom if my thumb press 2 link .. (like Chrome) and the one which is offering better text rendering .. and also one which doesn't use much battery (because Chrome is a non go for battery .. it's killing my battery)
This'll probably get locked or merged into another thread, but I'll give my opinion anyway.

I like Dolphin. Chrome and Firefox do weird things with text sizes on various pages. Especially forums. One post will have GIGANTIC TEXT, while the next will have tiny text, almost arbitrarily, it seems. I want to like Firefox on my phone, especially since I use Firefox on my computer, but I just can't. And Chrome doesn't support Flash, so screw that.

So I use Dolphin. Text gets formatted properly, you can block ads (even without root), it supports Flash, etc. It's not the fastest - in fact it's one of the slowest when it comes to benchmarks, but once things render, I find that it's the most complete mobile browser.

I can't speak for Opera, or most other browsers for that matter. I tried Puffin briefly (it's been a while though), and although it's supposedly the fastest, the interface and navigation sucks, or at least it did back then. I've downloaded CM browser, but haven't played much with it yet. Honestly, I miss the ICS browser on my old Droid Razr Maxx (with Flash, of course).
Relax, go nutz!

Ambychy
Old
Thanks Meter 61

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
i d pick dolphin but uc browser is the best. it s got every feature u d want and it s still very fast and light and also supports flash

tlf55
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambychy View Post
i d pick dolphin but uc browser is the best. it s got every feature u d want and it s still very fast and light and also supports flash
So UC isn't battery killer ? ..

Ambychy
Old
Thanks Meter 61

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
So UC isn't battery killer ? ..
no. i have been using it for a long time. it s great
The Following User Says Thank You to Ambychy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tlf55
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambychy View Post
no. i have been using it for a long time. it s great
I'll try it then

Ambychy
Old
Thanks Meter 61

DONATE TO ME