[Q] Best way to Backup/Restore not custom recovery?

18th August 2014, 06:19 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 10

109 posts
Hello XDA,

Im using CWM modded custom recovery. Restoring my backup made my phone bootloop and eventually i had to factory reset my phone and start all over.

So im looking for the best way to backup my entire phone as is (Homescreen with folders widgets, settings, all apps and its data...everthing).
I searched in the forum for a couple of methods but im not sure... i have titanium backup pro, does creating update.zip and restoring from recovery do the same work? what about adb backup?
I need a method that can backup and restore just as CWM did for me.

Help would be much appreciated.
18th August 2014, 08:53 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 530

2,761 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by torecdude

Hello XDA,

Im using CWM modded custom recovery. Restoring my backup made my phone bootloop and eventually i had to factory reset my phone and start all over.

So im looking for the best way to backup my entire phone as is (Homescreen with folders widgets, settings, all apps and its data...everthing).
I searched in the forum for a couple of methods but im not sure... i have titanium backup pro, does creating update.zip and restoring from recovery do the same work? what about adb backup?
I need a method that can backup and restore just as CWM did for me.

Help would be much appreciated.

TiBu is as good as it gets for backing up data, but nothing but a custom recovery or onandroid (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nnandbup&hl=en) can do an actual boot/system/data backup. You also might try a different version of CWM or see if they have a fully functional version of TWRP, Make a backup before restoring stuff and test to see if it's working before relying on it.
The Following User Says Thank You to es0tericcha0s For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th August 2014, 10:13 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

109 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s

TiBu is as good as it gets for backing up data, but nothing but a custom recovery or onandroid (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nnandbup&hl=en) can do an actual boot/system/data backup. You also might try a different version of CWM or see if they have a fully functional version of TWRP, Make a backup before restoring stuff and test to see if it's working before relying on it.

This app is awesome for it self. But im having more trouble restoring then backing up. Are you familiar with other methods of restoring nandroid backups? perhaps not from cwm recovery but apps/module as you posted for backup?
18th August 2014, 10:30 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 530

2,761 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by torecdude

This app is awesome for it self. But im having more trouble restoring then backing up. Are you familiar with other methods of restoring nandroid backups? perhaps not from cwm recovery but apps/module as you posted for backup?

Only way to restore is via recovery. The update.zip for TiBu will restore apps then will restore the data after you reboot.

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

Been awhile since I've looked at the Atrix forums. Thinking part of the issues might be because of the big system hack to run CM11. Mybe th recovery you have doesn't support it correctly? Doesn't seem to have the newer TWRP versions so doubtful you can install KK roms with it.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/atri...gpart-t2847281

That talks about what recovery to use and how to revert.
19th August 2014, 11:40 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

109 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s

Only way to restore is via recovery. The update.zip for TiBu will restore apps then will restore the data after you reboot.

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

Been awhile since I've looked at the Atrix forums. Thinking part of the issues might be because of the big system hack to run CM11. Mybe th recovery you have doesn't support it correctly? Doesn't seem to have the newer TWRP versions so doubtful you can install KK roms with it.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/atri...gpart-t2847281

That talks about what recovery to use and how to revert.

I am using Zn7mkUKzN1r8aCIV Cm11 with bigpart that why i cannot change my custom recovery because its modded to install kk rom. Question is, does an UNMODDED custom recovery can backup/restore KK nandroid backup?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread