Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,814 Members 51,169 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bricked MTK6589 (Hike Z1)

Tip us?

Tomaat
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29

DONATE TO ME
Thumbs down [Q] Bricked MTK6589 (Hike Z1)

Hello everyone

Today i bricked my 2 week old Hike Z1 while i tried to install a different rom on it.

My android market got destroyed and wouldnt start, so i wanted to reflash my phone (I have experience with it)
The phone was rooted, so i used the Magic CWM creator to install a recovery on it

The recovery worked, i wiped everything. I thought it would reset to factory settings as i did a factory reset

BUT the phone stayed at the HIKE bootloader(?) sign, so i waited for the battery to go dead

The battery finally went dead. now its bricked.

If i turn the phone on, i feel it vibrate but nothing happens, if i add both/one of the volume buttons, the same thing happens
If i plug the phone in my PC via USB, the phone goes on and stays at the HIKE Bootloader(?) screen, even if i add one or more volume buttons

Could it not be charged enough yet? The charging led goes off when its started via USB so is it even charging?

Could someone please help me?

Regards, Tomaat

Phone history
Alcatel OT-C717 - Nokia N73 - HTC Hero - HTC HD2 (Android) - LG Optimus 4X HD - Samsung Galaxy Note (1)
Tablet history
Flytouch III - Vido N70S
Mini PC history
-
Current Devices
Hike Z1 - MK808

Submissus
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomaat View Post
Hello everyone

Today i bricked my 2 week old Hike Z1 while i tried to install a different rom on it.

My android market got destroyed and wouldnt start, so i wanted to reflash my phone (I have experience with it)
The phone was rooted, so i used the Magic CWM creator to install a recovery on it

The recovery worked, i wiped everything. I thought it would reset to factory settings as i did a factory reset

BUT the phone stayed at the HIKE bootloader(?) sign, so i waited for the battery to go dead

The battery finally went dead. now its bricked.

If i turn the phone on, i feel it vibrate but nothing happens, if i add both/one of the volume buttons, the same thing happens
If i plug the phone in my PC via USB, the phone goes on and stays at the HIKE Bootloader(?) screen, even if i add one or more volume buttons

Could it not be charged enough yet? The charging led goes off when its started via USB so is it even charging?

Could someone please help me?

Regards, Tomaat
Hello!

I'm sorry to hear that your phone got bricked! I'm in the process of getting that very device myself, actually. ;P

This happened with my LG P350 a while back, and it sucks.
What I'd recommend that you do is to download and install MTKBatchTool (I believe that's the name of the software) on your PC, and plug your phone in when the software is running. This should let you flash your device with a ROM, and if you don't have any ROMs, Google "hike z1 ROM" and click on the "needrom" result.

MTKBatchTool also let's you create a CWM, in case it's missing from the phone.
Also, a tip for the future, a phone that has been wiped doesn't have a ROM anymore, which is needed for factory restores.

I hope you manage to solve the problem soon!

Also, how is the build quality of the phone?