My Galaxy Skyrocket is a SGH-T989

OP benthairspring

18th August 2014, 10:51 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I have searched this forum with no luck, so I'm asking for input. I have, and love a Galaxy s2 Skyrocket that was customized and is now a T989. Over the 3 years I've owned it, it has worked flawlessly on T-Mobile 4g. I would like to upgrade the OS. I have also purchased a factory unlock for the phone over a year ago, but never used it. Below is ther content of what I am running. My question is, or should I say are, what phone do I own, and how would you upgrade its operating system? Would you factory unlock it? I don't want a new phone as this one is a perfect size. I do appreciate any help, and if I missed where this was posted on this site, I apologize.
MDL-SGH-t989
ANDROID Verion 2.3.6
BBand-T769UVLB7
Kernel-2.6.35.11-1727UCKJ2-CL626051
Build - Gingerbread.UVKL1
Mod Version-juggernaut-v5.0

If this is too cpmplicated, I get it. Your time is important but I had to ask as I couldn't figure it out, and I'm pretty techy otherwise.
18th August 2014, 11:37 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 572

2,994 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by benthairspring

I have searched this forum with no luck, so I'm asking for input. I have, and love a Galaxy s2 Skyrocket that was customized and is now a T989. Over the 3 years I've owned it, it has worked flawlessly on T-Mobile 4g. I would like to upgrade the OS. I have also purchased a factory unlock for the phone over a year ago, but never used it. Below is ther content of what I am running. My question is, or should I say are, what phone do I own, and how would you upgrade its operating system? Would you factory unlock it? I don't want a new phone as this one is a perfect size. I do appreciate any help, and if I missed where this was posted on this site, I apologize.
MDL-SGH-t989
ANDROID Verion 2.3.6
BBand-T769UVLB7
Kernel-2.6.35.11-1727UCKJ2-CL626051
Build - Gingerbread.UVKL1
Mod Version-juggernaut-v5.0

If this is too cpmplicated, I get it. Your time is important but I had to ask as I couldn't figure it out, and I'm pretty techy otherwise.

Just find a rom you like and install. Make sure you update the radio(http://goo.im/devs/Void_Dweller/T769-UVMB1_modem.zip) - that's for JB and newer roms for use with Tmo.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread