Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,204 Members 45,885 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can I check what data is transmitting out on Rooted Nexus 7 running kitkat

Tip us?

frankspade
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Angry Can I check what data is transmitting out on Rooted Nexus 7 running kitkat

quick question, I have a bunch of rooted Android devices. On all my devices I have a meter that shows my upload and download speed. I recently just noticed on one of my devices, Google Nexus 7, that's running a custom ROM w (aokp)ith kiflat is always transmitting data on the flip side even if I just turn it on or in the middle of the night. I'm trying to figure out a way that I can monitor which app is transmitting data. Is there any specific app that will show me what is (app / process) sending data without my permisiion or knowledge. Is it possible to see what is being sent and to where?

Thanks in advanced.

Critical Detox
Old
Thanks Meter 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankspade View Post
quick question, I have a bunch of rooted Android devices. On all my devices I have a meter that shows my upload and download speed. I recently just noticed on one of my devices, Google Nexus 7, that's running a custom ROM w (aokp)ith kiflat is always transmitting data on the flip side even if I just turn it on or in the middle of the night. I'm trying to figure out a way that I can monitor which app is transmitting data. Is there any specific app that will show me what is (app / process) sending data without my permisiion or knowledge. Is it possible to see what is being sent and to where?

Thanks in advanced.
I suppose you could use Xprivacy and go the way of elimination, you can sort your apps to show what ones use internet and deny them until you figure out which one is the culprit. Not exactly a complete solution to your problem, but this should get you somewhere.