[Q] Can I Root My Iview 435tpc?

OP deejoeyyy

16th August 2013, 03:21 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

4 posts
I Bought This Small Tablet From Walmart And I Was Wondering If It Could Be Rooted. I Don't Want To Install Just Any Rooted Apps And Brick This Small Tablet PC, I Kind Of Like It. So Please Help Me Before I Do Something Really Stupid And Brick It...

Ram:512 MB DDR3
Processor: 1.2 Ghz
Last edited by deejoeyyy; 16th August 2013 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Left Out A Few Details.
The Following User Says Thank You to deejoeyyy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th August 2013, 10:57 PM   |  #2  
Flag Everywhere
Thanks Meter: 294

503 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deejoeyyy

I Bought This Small Tablet From Walmart And I Was Wondering If It Could Be Rooted. I Don't Want To Install Just Any Rooted Apps And Brick This Small Tablet PC, I Kind Of Like It. So Please Help Me Before I Do Something Really Stupid And Brick It...

Ram:512 MB DDR3
Processor: 1.2 Ghz

I can probably help if you still need it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Klown80 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th August 2013, 11:16 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klown80

I can probably help if you still need it.

Yes I Do Please
17th August 2013, 11:22 PM   |  #4  
Flag Everywhere

503 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Yes I Do Please

Ok, i know of a few methods that may work. None of them will hurt your device, if they fail they just will fail to root it.

First, lets try this. Install SRT Appscanner from Play Store then run the app and tell me if either of the bugs says vulnerable next to it please.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Klown80 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th August 2013, 08:45 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klown80

Ok, i know of a few methods that may work. None of them will hurt your device, if they fail they just will fail to root it.

First, lets try this. Install SRT Appscanner from Play Store then run the app and tell me if either of the bugs says vulnerable next to it please.

Yea They Do
18th August 2013, 11:04 AM   |  #6  
Flag Everywhere

503 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Yea They Do

Ok, good. Next go here:

http://www.cydiaimpactor.com/

Download that tool and extract it from the zip file onto your PC. Then you will need to find drivers for your device if you do not already have them installed. Snap Pea may be able to help install drivers for you. Once drivers are installed just run impactor and as long as it does not say fail, you should just have to install SuperSU from Play Store. Let me know how it goes.

Hope this helps!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Klown80 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd August 2013, 12:13 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Well Thanks Ill Try It Now. But What If I Want To Uninstall It, If It Does Work? Can I?

Sent from my PantechP9070 using xda app-developers app
22nd August 2013, 02:17 AM   |  #8  
Flag Everywhere

503 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Well Thanks Ill Try It Now. But What If I Want To Uninstall It, If It Does Work? Can I?

Sent from my PantechP9070 using xda app-developers app

Yes you can uninstall
24th August 2013, 04:24 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Good info. About to try apps and see if I can root too. First I need some drivers. Any idea on the source? IView website is a no-go for drivers.

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

Haha, at first I thought Snap Pea was a user name for someone on this board. Then it clicked, so I found it, downloaded it, and it installed drivers for the 435. Awesome. Now on to the next step.
25th August 2013, 04:59 AM   |  #10  

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddafugga

Good info. About to try apps and see if I can root too. First I need some drivers. Any idea on the source? IView website is a no-go for drivers.

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

Haha, at first I thought Snap Pea was a user name for someone on this board. Then it clicked, so I found it, downloaded it, and it installed drivers for the 435. Awesome. Now on to the next step.

Please keep us updated. I just got this tablet and was wanted to find info on rooting and here I am...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread