Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,384 Members 43,204 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can I Root My Iview 435tpc?

Tip us?

deejoeyyy
Old
(Last edited by deejoeyyy; 16th August 2013 at 10:28 PM.) Reason: Left Out A Few Details.
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Can I Root My Iview 435tpc?

I Bought This Small Tablet From Walmart And I Was Wondering If It Could Be Rooted. I Don't Want To Install Just Any Rooted Apps And Brick This Small Tablet PC, I Kind Of Like It. So Please Help Me Before I Do Something Really Stupid And Brick It...

Ram:512 MB DDR3
Processor: 1.2 Ghz
The Following User Says Thank You to deejoeyyy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Klown80
Old
Thanks Meter 283

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by deejoeyyy View Post
I Bought This Small Tablet From Walmart And I Was Wondering If It Could Be Rooted. I Don't Want To Install Just Any Rooted Apps And Brick This Small Tablet PC, I Kind Of Like It. So Please Help Me Before I Do Something Really Stupid And Brick It...

Ram:512 MB DDR3
Processor: 1.2 Ghz
I can probably help if you still need it.
If someone has ever helped you, make sure you THANK that person with the thanks button.
Support your DEVELOPERS and HELPERS.

Always have your stuff when you need it with @Dropbox. Sign up for free! http://db.tt/7IfBNlLg
The Following User Says Thank You to Klown80 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

deejoeyyy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klown80 View Post
I can probably help if you still need it.
Yes I Do Please

Klown80
Old
Thanks Meter 283

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Yes I Do Please
Ok, i know of a few methods that may work. None of them will hurt your device, if they fail they just will fail to root it.

First, lets try this. Install SRT Appscanner from Play Store then run the app and tell me if either of the bugs says vulnerable next to it please.
If someone has ever helped you, make sure you THANK that person with the thanks button.

Always have your stuff when you need it with @Dropbox. Sign up for free! http://db.tt/7IfBNlLg
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Klown80 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

deejoeyyy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klown80 View Post
Ok, i know of a few methods that may work. None of them will hurt your device, if they fail they just will fail to root it.

First, lets try this. Install SRT Appscanner from Play Store then run the app and tell me if either of the bugs says vulnerable next to it please.
Yea They Do

Klown80
Old
Thanks Meter 283

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Yea They Do
Ok, good. Next go here:

http://www.cydiaimpactor.com/

Download that tool and extract it from the zip file onto your PC. Then you will need to find drivers for your device if you do not already have them installed. Snap Pea may be able to help install drivers for you. Once drivers are installed just run impactor and as long as it does not say fail, you should just have to install SuperSU from Play Store. Let me know how it goes.

Hope this helps!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Klown80 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

deejoeyyy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Well Thanks Ill Try It Now. But What If I Want To Uninstall It, If It Does Work? Can I?

Sent from my PantechP9070 using xda app-developers app

Klown80
Old
Thanks Meter 283

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Well Thanks Ill Try It Now. But What If I Want To Uninstall It, If It Does Work? Can I?

Sent from my PantechP9070 using xda app-developers app
Yes you can uninstall

muddafugga
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Good info. About to try apps and see if I can root too. First I need some drivers. Any idea on the source? IView website is a no-go for drivers.

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

Haha, at first I thought Snap Pea was a user name for someone on this board. Then it clicked, so I found it, downloaded it, and it installed drivers for the 435. Awesome. Now on to the next step.

C0H33D
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddafugga View Post
Good info. About to try apps and see if I can root too. First I need some drivers. Any idea on the source? IView website is a no-go for drivers.

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

Haha, at first I thought Snap Pea was a user name for someone on this board. Then it clicked, so I found it, downloaded it, and it installed drivers for the 435. Awesome. Now on to the next step.
Please keep us updated. I just got this tablet and was wanted to find info on rooting and here I am...