5,814,633 Members 53,703 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Clockwork Backup Deleted All Phone Contents?

Tip us?

Anthraxious
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question Clockwork Backup Deleted All Phone Contents?

Hey.

I have an LG Optimus F7 and I recently rooted the device. After I installed ROM manager from Clockworrk, I pressed "Backup current ROM". I thought this would be to backup an image of my system that I could use for recovery if I were to run into trouble. It simply asked me for a name of the backup, and I entered the current date.

As soon as I hit "Ok", the phone automatically rebooted. When the phone turned on, I realized a whole system wipe had been performed. Is this supposed to happen?

Oddly enough, SU is still installed on my phone, but everything else is gone. All the apps, contacts, music. Everything.

Can I fix this somehow?

zelendel
Old
Moderator Committee - The Dark Knight
Thanks Meter 11,142

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthraxious View Post
Hey.

I have an LG Optimus F7 and I recently rooted the device. After I installed ROM manager from Clockworrk, I pressed "Backup current ROM". I thought this would be to backup an image of my system that I could use for recovery if I were to run into trouble. It simply asked me for a name of the backup, and I entered the current date.

As soon as I hit "Ok", the phone automatically rebooted. When the phone turned on, I realized a whole system wipe had been performed. Is this supposed to happen?

Oddly enough, SU is still installed on my phone, but everything else is gone. All the apps, contacts, music. Everything.

Can I fix this somehow?
My advise would be to stop using Rom manager. it has not been stable in years. Other then that you could try to restore the back up if any.

If hard work pays off then easy work is worthless
SearchFu
Never Ask someone to do something your not willing to at least try to do yourself.
"Gotham is the work of a madman"- NunHugger Current Nexus 5-12 Nightly

Anthraxious
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelendel View Post
My advise would be to stop using Rom manager. it has not been stable in years. Other then that you could try to restore the back up if any.
Alright, I probably won't use it anymore. Is there anything else I can use to flash custom UI's onto my phone? The only reason I got clockwork mod was because I wanted to flash a windows phone UI onto my device.

demkantor
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,769
The advice given wasn't to stop using clockwork, just stop using ROM manager which I wholeheartedly agree with.
Do your backups in recovery, do your wiping in recovery, do your flashes there as well. For the most part youll be just fine

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

zelendel
Old
Moderator Committee - The Dark Knight
Thanks Meter 11,142

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by demkantor View Post
The advice given wasn't to stop using clockwork, just stop using ROM manager which I wholeheartedly agree with.
Do your backups in recovery, do your wiping in recovery, do your flashes there as well. For the most part youll be just fine

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

As stated above. It is more Rom manager then the recovery (depending on the device). Always do everything from recovery. No UI works perfectly. And some recoveries have issues as well. Like my device, CWM has tons of issues flashing roms.

If hard work pays off then easy work is worthless
SearchFu
Never Ask someone to do something your not willing to at least try to do yourself.
"Gotham is the work of a madman"- NunHugger Current Nexus 5-12 Nightly