FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Solved] Root Acer Iconia One 10 B3-A10

100 posts
Thanks Meter: 20

By dhaddow, Senior Member on 27th December 2015, 03:41 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Sent from my SM-G920F using XDA Free mobile app

Has anyone come across a rooting method that works on the Acer B3-A10.

Tia
Duncan
Last edited by dhaddow; 23rd March 2016 at 01:21 PM.

28th December 2015, 02:50 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I have not had any luck finding a way to root my B3-A10. I have tried multiple root apps including those that require a computer.
31st December 2015, 11:15 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 65

More
In development options, there is an option to unlock bootloader. Anyone tied root with that? I don't have PC so am going to try some root apps with bootloader unlocked.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-12-31-11-20-51.png
Views:	376
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	3594461  
Last edited by jikobutsu; 31st December 2015 at 11:23 AM.
1st January 2016, 03:45 AM |#4  

More
I have tried multiple root apps with and without a computer. No luck. I tried the [UNIVERSAL GUIDE] Root Any Android Device Manually ! from XDA. No luck.

I installed a new hard drive and loaded Ubuntu 14.04 LTS. I had to learn the basics of Linux so that took some time. Sudo Nautilus and Sudo MC do not allow me to change permissions on the tablet. I had to connect the tablet with SFTP to get access to all the folders. I installed Debian NoRoot on the tablet but it couldn't change permissions. The tablet has SELinux and its permissions can not be changed. ADB states I can't have root options on a production device.

I can not find a boot image named boot.img or a recovery image named recovery.img on the tablet. Any suggestions as what I should try next?
1st January 2016, 09:39 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jikobutsu

In development options, there is an option to unlock bootloader. Anyone tied root with that? I don't have PC so am going to try some root apps with bootloader unlocked.

I have already tried that with numerous one click apps with no luck. Haven't tried using computer yet, if anyone has any success please let us know.
2nd January 2016, 01:24 AM |#6  

More
I had my bootloader unlocked while trying all the various root apps. No luck.
10th January 2016, 08:51 PM |#7  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Is there a way to edit system files (specifically /system/build.prop for enabling multi-user)?
24th January 2016, 04:52 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Anyone manage to root this device yet?
7th February 2016, 11:42 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhaddow

Sent from my SM-G920F using XDA Free mobile app

Has anyone come across a rooting method that works on the Acer B3-A10.

Tia
Duncan

Hi everybody.
I bought a Iconia One 10 B3-A20B to start developing but it is merely impossible without root access.

Bad luck: at the moment everything failed.

I tried to boot into bootloader with adb reboot bootloader. Before this step I erased my google user account on the android device and the pin security access (since I had the information from the internet that Lollipop 5.1 is preventing bootloader mode if one or both of these things are active). Also I enabled 2 more options in developers mode: USB-Debugging and the option enable unblock bootloader.
BUT: it happened not to work.

adb itself is working properly (on linux in my case). It shows me the device, I made a backup and both worked. As soon as I enter the command adb reboot bootloader the device switches of, shows a screen with a battery symbol loading (because it is connected to usb) but nothing more. Also no reaction of fastboot devices (nothing).

I managed also to find out to reboot in recovery mode by pressing the power button and volume up button for about 5 secondes. Also here appears a menu point saying reboot in bootloader, but also this is not working.

To reboot in a full check mode press the power button and the volume down for more than 5 seconds. A check is now starting with guess chinese letters on screen (with no guarantee that this ends good, so leave it).

Has anybody experience with Lollipop 5.1 and/or B3-A20 and to circumvent this barrier to boot in bootloader?
15th February 2016, 02:09 AM |#10  

More
I rooted my Acer B3-A10 tablet with the latest King Root. I purchased then installed SuperSU Pro and successfully updated the binaries. I wanted to use Chainfire's product and support his efforts. I follow him on XDA. After the SuperSU installation my tablet will not boot. I can get into its recovery mode and into fastboot. ADB does not work in the recovery mode. I have a backup.ab file but can not install it without ADB access. I can not find a factory recovery image to flash. Any suggestions?
18th February 2016, 06:03 AM |#11  

More
I took out my SD card then selected update from external source. Several strange folders were displayed including one that was labelled Do Not Panic. None of them were functional. I still have not determined what I can do next? I loaded the source code for my tablet into Android Studio and created a functional emulated device but I can't transfer it to the tablet.
Last edited by magik235; 18th February 2016 at 08:35 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)