Code_Blue Kernel, touch boost failed and random reboots?

OP uylmz

27th July 2014, 04:19 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
Hello,

This issue is related with this thread.

I've just updated the kernel to Code_Blue Kernel on Nexus 5 Android L DP, currently it runs very well. It is the last version of kernel (MD5 is A018072A97AE020CD2C6365D2B7A8912) thanks to @eng.stk

My cpu setup looks like 300 to 1500 cpu frequencies and interactive with fiops. I didn't change any other setting.

The problem:

I really feel lags when i touch screen or doing touch intensive things like turning a pdf documents page quickly. An here reboots come, when i check logcat i see those errors "touch boost failed" and if i didn't force stop log cat application it reboots immediately, if i force stop it, reboots again but later.

***At this point i figured it out but i don't want to waste all lines above and i believe that someone who suffer from this issue can find the way by this post, so i continue to write for solution. Because i find a lot of usefull informations here on XDA, payback

According to @franciscofranco here and here

Quote:

Its not an issue at all, its just trying to write 1 to touch_boost, but since the touch_boost param is not available it can't write - its part of Google's PowerHal... since they haven't released sources for that - yet - theres no way I can remove that log useless spam.

Quote:

Dont worry about that, its just the powerhal trying to write something to the touch_boost entry on mpdecision binary.

So if that isn't something worry about, why these reboots happened to me? Later on same thread, a concern of @Martin_Ro has happened to me, like i explained above.

Quote:

Could this log entry in any way produce some lags, when the log gets bigger ?

Solution: How to fix this? that is the main purpose why i continue to post.

Ok, i had to change governer settings and mainly two things, boost and boost pulse duration, you would see the pictures below and settings how i set it up.

If you don't see picture and apps interfaces, you may want to set

boost -> 652
boost-pulse duration -> 300000

Name:  July 27, 2014 55320 PM GMT+0300.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  163.2 KB

Name:  July 27, 2014 55415 PM GMT+0300.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  87.6 KB

Name:  July 27, 2014 55537 PM GMT+0300.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  88.8 KB

Regards,
28th July 2014, 07:48 PM   |  #2  
Flag Essen, Germany
Thanks Meter: 2,353

1,244 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by uylmz

Hello,

This issue is related with this thread.

I've just updated the kernel to Code_Blue Kernel on Nexus 5 Android L DP, currently it runs very well. It is the last version of kernel (MD5 is A018072A97AE020CD2C6365D2B7A8912) thanks to @eng.stk

My cpu setup looks like 300 to 1500 cpu frequencies and interactive with fiops. I didn't change any other setting.

The problem:

I really feel lags when i touch screen or doing touch intensive things like turning a pdf documents page quickly. An here reboots come, when i check logcat i see those errors "touch boost failed" and if i didn't force stop log cat application it reboots immediately, if i force stop it, reboots again but later.

***At this point i figured it out but i don't want to waste all lines above and i believe that someone who suffer from this issue can find the way by this post, so i continue to write for solution. Because i find a lot of usefull informations here on XDA, payback

According to @franciscofranco here and here

So if that isn't something worry about, why these reboots happened to me? Later on same thread, a concern of @Martin_Ro has happened to me, like i explained above.

Solution: How to fix this? that is the main purpose why i continue to post.

Ok, i had to change governer settings and mainly two things, boost and boost pulse duration, you would see the pictures below and settings how i set it up.

If you don't see picture and apps interfaces, you may want to set

boost -> 652
boost-pulse duration -> 300000

Regards,

I think Franco is not entirely correct in that point: Source for Powerhal (at least the "userland" / Rom part), that creates that logspam is available (for instant @mahdi-Rom : https://github.com/Mahdi-Rom/android...are_qcom_power). And there are also commits out there to kill that logspam. But it must be compiled into the rom to get rid of that (https://github.com/Mahdi-Rom/android...6b9eedd16ca62f)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread