FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] How to trick apps into thinking device is on WiFi when it is on mobile data?

15 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By mc_front, Junior Member on 18th June 2013, 01:46 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
There are many threads seeking a solution for this, but they are all tucked into phone-specific forums and I can't find any that address a general method for current version of Android (4.2.2).

Want to: run apps that demand to have WiFi on+connected, even when I'm on 3G/4G. (Specifically, I'd be happy if I could get Xfinity TV Player to run on my rooted stock Nexus 4 over HSPA, but again, hoping this thread will attract info about tricking apps in the general case.)

Tried: A) qaWifiOnlyMode.txt, B) running WiFi Tether For Root Users and quickly turning wifi on after launching. Neither worked.

Cheers

30th July 2013, 10:27 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Hi, It's really bizarre... there are a few apps and methods to do this thing in what we call "closed source jail" AKA iOS ... and it is really amazing to discover that there isn't single method that works on our beloved open platform AKA Android?!?

Anyway, This is the only thing that still unavailable for android...
Cheers...
1st November 2013, 07:20 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
The Xfinity TV app requires you to be on Verizon Wireless for it to work on 3G/4G. It's a deal Comcast has with them.

I'm on T-Mobile with a Nexus 4 with LTE enabled & want that app to work without wifi, as well.

Perhaps there's just 1 line of code that looks for Verizon service???
1st November 2013, 07:31 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 133

More
The Connectivity Manager would play a role for certain:
http://developer.android.com/referen...tyManager.html

Sent from my Xperia Pro using xda app-developers app
27th July 2014, 03:30 AM |#5  
Flag Istanbul
Thanks Meter: 22

More
This thread seems a litte old but if anyones interested, Hack connectivity did the trick for me. If you have xposed installed it'll just take you a few minutes.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2632471
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)