[Q] Creating a Calendar App

31st July 2014, 10:38 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
More
I am looking to create a calendar app which would operate similar to the Google Calendar aside from some unique features I plan to put in. After some initial prototyping of a few of the layouts and research. I can't help but think the scope and time required for initially cloning the GC will significant.

This would be my first android application, am I approaching this correctly. Is this actually a one man project? Thanks in advance
31st July 2014, 10:47 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Themer
Flag Auckland City
Thanks Meter: 1,779

2,259 posts
More
[Just note, this is a question so it should've been posted in the Q&A section]

Yes this is a one man project, adding people to the project will just speed things up.

Firstly you'll need to run yourself through the Android Development section for critical info when creating applications.

If this is your first time working with Java then you're going to need some knowledge with quite a bit of statements.

Creating a calendar similar to GC isn't too hard and can be done quite well. In fact its a great "first" project.

Also I would suggest you create layouts first before you actually go into coding as that will build up a platform to work on.

You will be working with intents and Uri's allot as you would want your users to be able to set their own events.

Here is an official doc on Calendar Provider - http://goo.gl/8f1v3J Loads of great info on creating calendar.

All the best with your project, if you feel you are in a loop and need some help finding out errors and fixing them. Go to stackoverflow. The guys and gals there are very nice and respond quickly with fantastic answers.
Last edited by TheArc; 31st July 2014 at 10:51 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheArc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st July 2014, 11:10 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
More
Smile Thanks
Thanks for the quick response, didn't realise I posted in the wrong area. Will have a look at the android dev section .
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread