Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,223 Members 42,185 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] cant delete old mount point

Tip us?

harrydrip
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] cant delete old mount point

Hi,

I have a nexus 7 2013 with 4.2, rooted.

I was using stickmount to mount a usb HD and the nexus crashed and now after rebooting (a number of times)
I have sdcard/usbStorage/sda1/nexus directory and I can not delete this dir and this is messing up trying to mount any drives now.

both the nexus and the sda1 directories give a permission denied when trying to delete them. I also tried as root with the same result.

any ideas how to get rid of these ?

thanks

HD

harrydrip
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrydrip View Post
Hi,

I have a nexus 7 2013 with 4.2, rooted.

I was using stickmount to mount a usb HD and the nexus crashed and now after rebooting (a number of times)
I have sdcard/usbStorage/sda1/nexus directory and I can not delete this dir and this is messing up trying to mount any drives now.

both the nexus and the sda1 directories give a permission denied when trying to delete them. I also tried as root with the same result.

any ideas how to get rid of these ?

thanks

HD
Well I got the files removed but I'm not sure how a regular user would ever do it if they have a similar problem.

I rebooted into TWRP custom recovery and unmounted the data partition. Then from the TWRP command line I first did
a e2fsck -y -f /dev/block/mmcblk0p30 and it found a few errors and fixed them. After rebooting I was still not able to delete the files so I rebooted into TWRP again and mounted /data and from there I was able to delete the files. Not sure what was locking them and why when booted normally they could not be removed.