[Q] cant delete old mount point

OP harrydrip

17th August 2014, 04:30 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hi,

I have a nexus 7 2013 with 4.2, rooted.

I was using stickmount to mount a usb HD and the nexus crashed and now after rebooting (a number of times)
I have sdcard/usbStorage/sda1/nexus directory and I can not delete this dir and this is messing up trying to mount any drives now.

both the nexus and the sda1 directories give a permission denied when trying to delete them. I also tried as root with the same result.

any ideas how to get rid of these ?

thanks

HD
18th August 2014, 03:14 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Thumbs up solution
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrydrip

Hi,

I have a nexus 7 2013 with 4.2, rooted.

I was using stickmount to mount a usb HD and the nexus crashed and now after rebooting (a number of times)
I have sdcard/usbStorage/sda1/nexus directory and I can not delete this dir and this is messing up trying to mount any drives now.

both the nexus and the sda1 directories give a permission denied when trying to delete them. I also tried as root with the same result.

any ideas how to get rid of these ?

thanks

HD

Well I got the files removed but I'm not sure how a regular user would ever do it if they have a similar problem.

I rebooted into TWRP custom recovery and unmounted the data partition. Then from the TWRP command line I first did
a e2fsck -y -f /dev/block/mmcblk0p30 and it found a few errors and fixed them. After rebooting I was still not able to delete the files so I rebooted into TWRP again and mounted /data and from there I was able to delete the files. Not sure what was locking them and why when booted normally they could not be removed.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread