Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Digiland Android Tablet Root Anyone?

OP b3bluesman

20th January 2015, 06:17 PM   |  #81  
Thanks Meter: 34

119 posts
I am rooted dl1010q on latest update, 1.4.2. I used vroot (now iroot) here. http://www.mgyun.com/en/getvroot. then changed from chinese vroot to supersu using this script.
http://www.w0lfdroid.com/2013/11/How...h-SuperSU.html

have to be careful mucking around though, no custom recovery and no backup rom.
20th January 2015, 10:39 PM   |  #82  
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
SuperSU does not work properly with the dl1010q. You won't be able to use titanium backup or some other apps like lucky patcher. SuperSU cannot access root from SD. I tried every fix I could try and there isn't one. Makers of superSU know of this but don't plan on changing anything as of now. I'm using KINGUSER but don't want to, but everything functions as it should.
21st January 2015, 07:11 AM   |  #83  
Thanks Meter: 876

4,692 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun_vip

SuperSU does not work properly with the dl1010q. You won't be able to use titanium backup or some other apps like lucky patcher. SuperSU cannot access root from SD. I tried every fix I could try and there isn't one. Makers of superSU know of this but don't plan on changing anything as of now. I'm using KINGUSER but don't want to, but everything functions as it should.

As much as I would agree with this supersu is made by recognized developer chainfire. It could be the fact that the tablet itself just isn't worth supporting, I've seen this version in best buy and it's quite cheaply made and quality isn't the best either

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2
21st January 2015, 07:43 AM   |  #84  
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alcuin

I am rooted dl1010q on latest update, 1.4.2. I used vroot (now iroot) here. http://www.mgyun.com/en/getvroot. then changed from chinese vroot to supersu using this script.
http://www.w0lfdroid.com/2013/11/How...h-SuperSU.html

have to be careful mucking around though, no custom recovery and no backup rom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShapesBlue

As much as I would agree with this supersu is made by recognized developer chainfire. It could be the fact that the tablet itself just isn't worth supporting, I've seen this version in best buy and it's quite cheaply made and quality isn't the best either

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

Well the quality of the tablet has nothing to do with the app not supporting it lol... I have a Samsung tab 3 10.1 and bought this just because I got it for a steal. Truthfully the tablet isn't that bad. Screen resolution and the LCD display are really the only areas lacking performance is great with root and some adjusting. It is an mtk device with ubifs file system so a few support issues should be expected. I have had great results with my dl1010q. It is the cheapest built device I have owned but the best of the Chinese cheapies I have touched. As time passes I feel that we will see better support for most mtk devices as they will become more common. Until then I'm stuck with kinguser (not by choice) it functions 100% properly for this tablet.
Last edited by Shaun_vip; 21st January 2015 at 07:49 AM.
Today, 12:36 AM   |  #85  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alcuin

I am rooted dl1010q on latest update, 1.4.2. I used vroot (now iroot) here. then changed from chinese vroot to supersu using this script.

Confirm. After the uninvited update (A1008L_V1.4.2 build# 20150114), which installed Clean Master, I was able to get root using VRoot v.1.7.9.11674, and Xiaomi ADB USB drivers from adbtoolkit.com/drivers/applications/xiaomi ; then installed SuperSU, made it a system app (and it removed the chinese superuser); finally, disabled Wireless update and Clean master by means of Uninstall expert.
Today, 04:04 AM   |  #86  
Thanks Meter: 2

3 posts
Yes, not only did it reboot my machine without warning to start the update, and then go on to install new craplets and disable root, but it also seems to have broken adb access for me. (I can still mount as USB storage so I know that it does still talk to the computer.)

They've added insult to injury. I'll need to complain to BestBuy.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread