Digiland Android Tablet Root Anyone?

OP b3bluesman

29th January 2015, 06:02 AM   |  #91  
Thanks Meter: 1

9 posts
Yes, sorry about that, I was using kinguser and kingroot interchangeably without noticing. The app is kinguser left by root genius. I left the accuweather app alone. I uninstalled clean master and the "wireless update app". And I uninstalled an app that was entirely in chinese, I dont know what it was, but its gone lol. I think there may have also been some kind of chinese "superuser" app also which I left alone. So there are between 2 and 3 "superuser-esque" apps on the tablet but it seems as if the original "superuser" is the one in control as its the only one showing which other apps get root permission. Ive been busy and not using the device much at the moment so Id have to poke around further. But im semi-happy for the moment that I at least have root and this forum and I can go from there.
29th January 2015, 02:37 PM   |  #92  

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun_vip

For the dl1010q use Root Genius on your pc remember to enable USB debugging. It works after the tablets wireless update. But make sure to unintelligible the extra crap apps installed with KingUser. SUPERSU does NOT work properly on this tablet (dl1010q) so stay with kinguser. Supersu will not allow access to root from SD so lucky patcher and titanium backup will not work properly. I don't like kinguser but there is no fix for this I have searched for weeks. You may be able to use superuser but I think you won't be able to update the su binary. I have not been able to build a custom twrp for this tablet. Does anyone have a proper custom recovery for the dl1010q? I need the stock recovery.img and the stock firmware if anyone has found a way to get it.

Have you found the stock firmware?? I also did the same now stuck at android guy eith no command???
29th January 2015, 06:50 PM   |  #93  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Planet Indigo

I have some questions for those of you who have rooted after the latest firmware update.
First of all, to those who prefer (or would prefer) to use SuperSU over Kinguser, what makes you prefer it? Does it offer functionality that Kinguser lacks? Is Kinguser 100% safe regarding spyware/malware? I was a little wary since it's not on the Google store, but I haven't found solid evidence that Kinguser is a form of spyware/malware. Shaun_vip, you seemed to imply that you would have used SuperSU if only it was as functional as Kinguser for this particular tablet, what makes you say that? Did you find spyware/malware in Kinguser?

Also, Speranio, could you elaborate on "disabled Wireless update and clean master by means of Uninstall expert"? Did you use SuperSU to actually uninstall both of them or did you merely "freeze" the apps from starting upon boot? Has anyone done anything about that Accuweather process that keeps running in the background?

Haven't tried iroot apk, instead I installed adb drivers and used VRoot on PC with the tablet connected over USB. VRoot puts chinese Superuser as a root access supervisor, so all root requests are in chinese. That's why i installed a "normal" root supervisor, SuperSU, which removed Superuser. I used Uninstall expert app to just freeze Clean master and wireless update, so they don't run anymore (didn't want to remove them completely - there is no stock firmware), you can also use Titanium backup for that purpose, but it's somewhat heavy tool (as if you use a sledgehammer to crack a nut , some people also report that it doesn't work with SuperSU.
With these tools and root access you can freeze any app you want, including Accuweather. If system starts misbehaving, you can unfreeze them.
Last edited by speranio; 29th January 2015 at 06:55 PM.
30th January 2015, 01:10 AM   |  #94  

9 posts
Just wanted to post that somehow when I turned the tablet on today a WHOLE BUNCH of new games and crapps were installed and clean master HAS RETURNED!!! SO i removed everything besides kinguser that I did not recognize. Now everything seems to work, all is well. Still have root. With just kinguser. It seems that you can uninstall just about everything that popped on there and still have root. But without a custom rom this thing still makes me nervous.
30th January 2015, 05:09 PM   |  #95  
Thanks Meter: 7

171 posts
Screenshot Icon in Navbar?
Hey everyone,

I hate having to post this question...but I can't find an answer anywhere (here or through google search). I have two of these tablets which I rooted upon purchase (using Kingroot method). I quickly downloaded Titanium Backup and froze Accuweather, Browser, Calendar, Email, Gmail, Google+, Hangouts, Maps and Wireless Update. I then downloaded some games and puzzle/education apps for the kids and those became Christmas presents. One of the tablets has a screenshot icon in the navbar and the other does not. If you rotate to landscape,voume down and volume up buttons are added (but again, not on the other one).

I have scoured settings and tried to find this option but haven't had any luck. Does anyone have any idea how to enable/disable this?

I considered doing Xposed but then I'd have to be running another app process and simply don't want anything else that could potentially bog the system down.

Thanks in advance for any advice!
22nd February 2015, 05:27 AM   |  #96  
Thanks Meter: 263

783 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_fizzle

Hey everyone,

I hate having to post this question...but I can't find an answer anywhere (here or through google search). I have two of these tablets which I rooted upon purchase (using Kingroot method). I quickly downloaded Titanium Backup and froze Accuweather, Browser, Calendar, Email, Gmail, Google+, Hangouts, Maps and Wireless Update. I then downloaded some games and puzzle/education apps for the kids and those became Christmas presents. One of the tablets has a screenshot icon in the navbar and the other does not. If you rotate to landscape,voume down and volume up buttons are added (but again, not on the other one).

I have scoured settings and tried to find this option but haven't had any luck. Does anyone have any idea how to enable/disable this?

I considered doing Xposed but then I'd have to be running another app process and simply don't want anything else that could potentially bog the system down.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

You would need to copy the system from the good one to the bad one.

---------- Post added at 11:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

Anyone have the update.zip for dl701q? The one I got is already updated out of box. The update.zip has the files needed to make a flashable stock rom.

Sent from my DL701Q using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to vampirefo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2015, 07:55 PM   |  #97  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Recovery for bricked DL10101q
I had my dl1010q rooted and I stupidly installed chainfire 3d. I restarted my tablet but Im stuck in a boot loop now. What Options for recovery do I have. This is my first android device and the digiland support hasn't answered any of my emails. I can get in to recovery and I tried factory reset and wiping the cache but no luck. Any suggestions?

Thanks
24th February 2015, 08:05 PM   |  #98  
Thanks Meter: 263

783 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtistronnie

I had my dl1010q rooted and I stupidly installed chainfire 3d. I restarted my tablet but Im stuck in a boot loop now. What Options for recovery do I have. This is my first android device and the digiland support hasn't answered any of my emails. I can get in to recovery and I tried factory reset and wiping the cache but no luck. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Never heard of the app, you need to find out what chainfire 3d does, eg what files it adds, what files it removes, then port a custom recovery for your tablet.
Boot into custom recovery and remove the files chainfire added, replace any files chainfire 3d removed.

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread