FORUMS

How a HTC Droid Eris Changed a Members Life

Rarely can a member say that Android development or XDA had a profound effect on … more

XDA Office Space: Frankenstein’s Perfect IM Client?

The portal’s decentralized XDA office lies in a Hangouts chatroom, where … more

Which IM Client on Android is best?

With so many different messengers to choose from, it can be tough to find the best one for you and … more

Android Factory Reset Security Flaw and More – XDA TV

Nvidia is releasing a 500Gb SHIELD TV Pro! That and much more news is … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Digiland Android Tablet Root Anyone?

4th April 2015, 05:26 PM |#131  
Thanks Meter: 332

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flhthemi

Guess I'm too much of a nOOb to fetter it all out. I did get it unzipped and ran the flash tool...then closed it. Not familiar with the terms or what to do with it I decided to let it alone. Never did get a driver installed for MKXXX Android Phone installed. Wonder why no instructions were included....

It has the most detailed instructions, I have seen on any update, Wonder why you didn't follow them?

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk
Last edited by vampirefo; 4th April 2015 at 05:51 PM.

4th April 2015, 10:05 PM |#132  
Statesville, NC
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vampirefo

It has the most detailed instructions, I have seen on any update, Wonder why you didn't follow them?

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk

Maybe because I some how missed finding them? Unless you're referring to that .ppt file that's in among the drivers folder.
15th April 2015, 10:20 AM |#133  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flhthemi

Maybe because I some how missed finding them? Unless you're referring to that .ppt file that's in among the drivers folder.

I don't know why they couldn't of made this more simple. Glad we have the firmware now bit I have the same issue. There's no solid guide on how to flash it
15th April 2015, 03:08 PM |#134  
Statesville, NC
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeaT420

I don't know why they couldn't of made this more simple. Glad we have the firmware now bit I have the same issue. There's no solid guide on how to flash it

I just gave up on it....didn't want to bork up my tablet not knowing what to do....

Maybe one of the more knowledgeable will write up a step-by-step for us n00bs
28th April 2015, 05:07 AM |#135  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I posted earlier in this thread but I'm back with more questions for other fellow users. (Digiland 1010Q user here)
So following the craptacular forced update in January, I was left with no root and some forced apps like Clean Master and Accuweather.
Following advices from this thread, I then regained root with vroot, which installed SuperUser (the app that looks like a blue shield with a lion on it). It came with another app that seemed kinda bloaty, so I uninstalled that one through normal means, no issue.

In March, I noticed that a wireless update came out, but I quickly disabled the "wireless update" app and disabled it from auto start.

Question #1: Does anyone know what this March firmware update did besides remove Clean Master? Did it remove Accuweather? Did it improve/add/remove any functionality on the tablet? I'd be very interested to know from people who have installed it, especially rooted users to see if they lost root again or not.

Lastly, ever since february or so, I have on occasions seen some games auto install on my tablet, without my consent or knowledge. They are easy to uninstall, but I'd obviously like to clear this up. After downloading several anti virus/malware detectors, several saw nothing, but the few that did always came back with 2 possible culprits: Accuweather and the vroot SuperUser. Before touching my vroot superuser, and since I suspect it might indeed be that bloatware Accuweather that DIgiland forced on us back in January, I'd like to know if anyone on this thread has actually UNINSTALLED accuweather from the january update? I've read from users earlier in the thread that they had frozen it from starting, but I'd rather see it gone completely if it's safe.

Question #2: So, has anyone uninstalled Accuweather completely? If so, what tool did you use for it? I really like ES File Explorer so I was looking to do it through there.

Finally, my question 3:

Question #3: If I end up successfully uninstalling Accuweather completely and unknown games keep appearing on my tablet, it would pretty much only leave vroot SuperUser as the culprit. If I was to uninstall that and replace it with a superuser app from the google store, can those app run completely silent and only on demand? I had KingUser before the january update and that superuser app always loaded itself in memory when I booted the tablet (as seen in running apps), but I kinda like that the vroot superuser doesn't seem to run at startup (at least I can't see it in running apps until I use a function that requests root and loads it in memory). I play some games that refuse to boot if a superuser app is detected and I'd like to have one that stays "silent" unless the user requests it.

Thanks for anyone who could help me clear up those 3 questions.
15th May 2015, 09:07 AM |#136  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Well, I figured it out. It is really easy since I found there is a guide on how to do it using the Flash Tool. First Install the drivers if you haven't already. The guide is under Welcome/Download but you just select MTK_AllInOne_DA for the Download-Agent and select MT8127_Android_scatter for the Scatter-loading. Select Format All + Download. Power your tablet off and plug it in to the USB, It should configure with the drivers you installed earlier and say driver install successfully. Now you click Download in the Flash Tool then Power ON your tablet. DONE =)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread