FORUMS

New Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 Update Fixes Major Bugs

Senior Recognized Developer rovo89 has patched Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 to … more

Download Sony’s new AOSP-like concept for Xperia Z3

Over in our forums, Recognized Contributor Jozinek has posted a very … more

OnePlus 2 vs Moto X Style: Which is The Better Flagship?

Two big industry names have announced their newest flagship phones within the … more

Making Your Own Xposed Modules Is Easier Than You Think

Close to the heart of XDA is the Xposed Framework by Rovo89. Most of … more

Digiland Android Tablet Root Anyone?

49 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By b3bluesman, Member on 15th July 2014, 04:28 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
11th July 2015, 05:00 PM |#161  
Statesville, NC
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Had some time

Dr Web Light - Quick Scan found nothing - Full Scan found nothing
McAfee Mobile Security - found nothing in any category
AVG Mobile Antivirus - Found my setting for Unknown Sources was allowed and found nothing else
Last edited by flhthemi; 11th July 2015 at 05:16 PM.

15th July 2015, 10:20 PM |#162  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flhthemi

It was not forced as I had a notice and then opted to install it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flhthemi

Had some time

Dr Web Light - Quick Scan found nothing - Full Scan found nothing
McAfee Mobile Security - found nothing in any category
AVG Mobile Antivirus - Found my setting for Unknown Sources was allowed and found nothing else

Awesome, thanks for taking the time to test this! This is a pleasant surprise that Digiland seems to have reversed their bloatware/spyware approach and that the latest update seems to be very clean (will you let us know if new app/games install automatically again in the future?)
BTW, did they list any change at all in the patch notes?
Out of curiosity, do you have any intention of rooting your tablet?
I wonder if that new update is still rootable. If anyone reading this has the latest firmware update and still has root, please let us know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheesePickles

I think root messes with the update since I tried installing the update on a stock tablet which had success in installing it. I tried installing the update manually from the download link in Digiland's website, but it included too much software for me to understand. My tablet isn't stuck in a boot loop anymore, but it's stuck on the "Upgrading Android" thing. I think I should try flashing the tablet's stock ROM, but I don't know where to find it.

Hmm, was rooting the only difference between the stock tablet and the rooted one you tried to update? You said earlier in the thread that Accuweather running too long was causing some OS program to stop, could the update failure be related to that? Did your stock tablet also exhibit that problem with accuweather? (thankfully my accuweather isn't causing me that issue). How about the missing binaries issue that didn't allow you to install "Superuser"? Could those be responsible for the update failure?
I wish I could help you with the firmware flashing thing but I have zero experience on that.
On page 12 and 13 of this thread though, they discuss about downloading the stock firmware from the digiland website and flashing it successfully.

I'm hoping that some of the rooted users from earlier in the thread are reading this and could chime in about that newest update and if they have installed it successfully. Given flhthemi's positive experience on that last update, I'm super tempted to install it to get rid of Accuweather, but I admit that I'm scared of encountering the same issue that CheesePickles did... Maybe some brave/experienced users who took the plunge could chime in?
Last edited by Planet Indigo; 15th July 2015 at 10:30 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread