By b3bluesman, Member on 15th July 2014, 04:28 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
25th August 2015, 02:40 AM |#181  
Thanks Meter: 792

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeaT420

Digi-Lands website looks like it got an updated look and they don't have the firmware on there anymore. I found it on mtkfirmware.com, is that a safe site?

I just grabbed the stock firmware for the Digiland 10 inch off that site. It's 100 percent safe. Finally got it to let me update to the latest version after flashing back down to unrooted stock. Hopefully I can use something like vroot in order to get this rooted again.

Latest OTA according to "wireless update" is A1008L_V1.4.3 in case anyone is wondering.

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taraku

DL1010Q
Goal?
CWM / TWRP recovery
Cyanogenmod
__________________________________________________ ___
i will post all data and images once i am done, if you need the images please let me know.
If you would like to work with us, and help with any information please contact me.

Please keep us updated on how things are going. It would be so amazing to get CM12.1 on this tablet.
Last edited by AngryManMLS; 25th August 2015 at 03:26 AM.

26th August 2015, 05:55 AM |#182  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryManMLS

I just grabbed the stock firmware for the Digiland 10 inch off that site. It's 100 percent safe. Finally got it to let me update to the latest version after flashing back down to unrooted stock. Hopefully I can use something like vroot in order to get this rooted again.

Could you please let us know if you can regain root with vroot after updating to the latest firmware? Btw, what were the official patch notes accompanying the latest firmware? What did they say they changed/fixed/improved?
26th August 2015, 06:18 AM |#183  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Planet Indigo

Could you please let us know if you can regain root with vroot after updating to the latest firmware? Btw, what were the official patch notes accompanying the latest firmware? What did they say they changed/fixed/improved?

Yes vroot works with the latest system update. From the notes it states it adds a user manual and fixes an issue with the tablet not starting due system data becoming damaged after a period of time.

In terms of rooting I used KingRoot myself then used SuperSuMe to switch over to SuperSU. Working absolutely perfectly.
Last edited by AngryManMLS; 26th August 2015 at 08:58 AM.
26th August 2015, 06:58 PM |#184  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
memory swap fix?
[QUOTE=hubsabubs;57799036]I used a memory swap fix on mine, like I did my phone. My 12 gbs is now my main and my 1.6gbs is now my secondary.[COLOR="Silver"]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzy7471
Hey guys I e-mailed Digiland to about the 10.1 inch tab.I was told they will not be updating it. I love the tablet but the problem Im running into is the stupid memory partition. I was able to move some stuff to the other memory partition. But still only have about 1 gig free. The tablet is about useless even being rooted and with an SD card. Not very easy to move or copy programs to it. I bought a Nextbook 7 for my daughter and they set that one up the same way. But with only 1gig of memory and then 12.8 gig on the other half. Was running into out of memory errors. and she only had put like 7 programs on it. But the good news is Nextbook did come out with a firmware update and now it utilizes the whole 16 gigs of ram. So untill Digiland comes out with an update or someone makes a new rom. Pretty much cant use the tablet for much.

I used a memory swap fix on mine, like I did my phone. My 12 gbs is now my main and my 1.6gbs is now my secondary.

I am also having the same issue I have tried several methods how did you do this? Editing the fstab file doesn't work it saves but upon reboot seems to reset itself.

Any help would be greatly appreciated thx..
Last edited by zmike525; 26th August 2015 at 07:05 PM.
26th August 2015, 10:25 PM |#185  

More
Quote:

Yes vroot works with the latest system update. From the notes it states it adds a user manual and fixes an issue with the tablet not starting due system data becoming damaged after a period of time.

In terms of rooting I used KingRoot myself then used SuperSuMe to switch over to SuperSU. Working absolutely perfectly.

Thanks. How ironic that it states that it fixes an issue with the tablet not starting due to damaged system data yet the upgrade process seems to actually cause that problem with several users here... Very weird.

I am confused however, you said vroot works, but then you said you used KingRoot? They are two different programs/rooting methods right? The vroot I mean and the one I used to reroot my tablet in february is the one they had there: http://www.mgyun.com/en/getvroot
Is that the vroot you meant that works on the new update? That's not Kingroot right? It installed "Superuser" on mine, a white lion on a blue shield.
27th August 2015, 06:45 AM |#186  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Planet Indigo

Thanks. How ironic that it states that it fixes an issue with the tablet not starting due to damaged system data yet the upgrade process seems to actually cause that problem with several users here... Very weird.

I am confused however, you said vroot works, but then you said you used KingRoot? They are two different programs/rooting methods right? The vroot I mean and the one I used to reroot my tablet in february is the one they had there: http://www.mgyun.com/en/getvroot
Is that the vroot you meant that works on the new update? That's not Kingroot right? It installed "Superuser" on mine, a white lion on a blue shield.

I originally rooted with vroot now known as iroot but sadly there wasn't any method to switch Superuser over to the legitimate version of SuperSU. So I reformatted the tablet, reflashed stock ROM, and redid the update then used Kingroot (the Android app version) to root the tablet. Then used SuperSuMe to switch over to the legitimate version of SuperSU.

Short version I recommend using Kingroot then using SuperSuMe to swap out the Kingroot Superuser app over to the proper version of SuperSU.
27th August 2015, 07:56 AM |#187  

More
Quote:

I originally rooted with vroot now known as iroot but sadly there wasn't any method to switch Superuser over to the legitimate version of SuperSU. So I reformatted the tablet, reflashed stock ROM, and redid the update then used Kingroot (the Android app version) to root the tablet. Then used SuperSuMe to switch over to the legitimate version of SuperSU.

Short version I recommend using Kingroot then using SuperSuMe to swap out the Kingroot Superuser app over to the proper version of SuperSU.

Ah, got it, thanks.
A few followup Qs if you don't mind:

- What makes you favor SuperSU over the iroot and Kingroot superuser apps? Do you deem them unsafe or spywary?

- I've never done it but I always thought that switching superuser app was as easy as downloading the new one you want, granting it root access and installing it in the system folder, then deleting the old superuser app. It isn't as easy as that and doesn't work?

- You say there is now a Kingoot version that comes as an apk and doesn't require a pc to root the tablet? That's awesome! Back when I rooted mine, no .apk would do it, the new versions must be more potent. I couldn't find Kingoot in the app store, I wonder why they won't post it there... Google returns a ton of results for kingroot apk, is that link safe?
http://androidxda.com/download-kingroot-application
Did you use version 4.5.0.803? You still have the link of the apk you personally used?

- I did find SuperSume in the app store. There's only a paid version for $3.99, right?

- Finally, do you know if the "proper" SuperSU from the app store runs automatically in the background when the tablet is booted or does it only load itself into memory when a request for root is done? I'm asking because I'm playing some games that hate root access and the "SuperUser" app from iroot doesn't seem to load itself at startup (unlike the KingUser I had with root genius back in december/january) and therefore allows me to play those games. Is SuperSU stealthy like that and doesn't load itself in memory until a request for root is made?

Sorry if that's a lot of questions. Thanks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)