Originally Posted by AngryManMLS
I originally rooted with vroot now known as iroot but sadly there wasn't any method to switch Superuser over to the legitimate version of SuperSU. So I reformatted the tablet, reflashed stock ROM, and redid the update then used Kingroot (the Android app version) to root the tablet. Then used SuperSuMe to switch over to the legitimate version of SuperSU.
Short version I recommend using Kingroot then using SuperSuMe to swap out the Kingroot Superuser app over to the proper version of SuperSU.
Ah, got it, thanks.
A few followup Qs if you don't mind:
- What makes you favor SuperSU over the iroot and Kingroot superuser apps? Do you deem them unsafe or spywary?
- I've never done it but I always thought that switching superuser app was as easy as downloading the new one you want, granting it root access and installing it in the system folder, then deleting the old superuser app. It isn't as easy as that and doesn't work?
- You say there is now a Kingoot version that comes as an apk and doesn't require a pc to root the tablet? That's awesome! Back when I rooted mine, no .apk would do it, the new versions must be more potent. I couldn't find Kingoot in the app store, I wonder why they won't post it there... Google returns a ton of results for kingroot apk, is that link safe?
Did you use version 22.214.171.1243? You still have the link of the apk you personally used?
- I did find SuperSume in the app store. There's only a paid version for $3.99, right?
- Finally, do you know if the "proper" SuperSU from the app store runs automatically in the background when the tablet is booted or does it only load itself into memory when a request for root is done? I'm asking because I'm playing some games that hate root access and the "SuperUser" app from iroot doesn't seem to load itself at startup (unlike the KingUser I had with root genius back in december/january) and therefore allows me to play those games. Is SuperSU stealthy like that and doesn't load itself in memory until a request for root is made?
Sorry if that's a lot of questions. Thanks.