[Q] Dirty Unicorns Mass Storage problem

30th August 2014, 09:15 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
I cant post in the Dirty Unicorns thread so I am posting here. People said that USB Mass Storage is working flawlessly in dirty unicorns. However, I still can't get it to show up at all. I'm wondering what steps I should take? Right now all I know is when I connect it via usb, on the phone, a USB Mass Storage page opens up for a split second, then closes. I have it enabled in the storage settings. Any help with this?
30th August 2014, 11:30 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 535

2,778 posts
Donate to Me
More
Have you tried different ports on the PC, different cords, and/or a different PC to make sure it's not something with the rom itself since it is working for others? If there's not a notification when it's plugged in to tell you it's connected, then it's probably one of those 3 things. Does MTP work? Also, open the Device Manager and check the driver status when you plug it in to see if the PC does recognize it and whether or not it is trying to load the correct drivers.
30th August 2014, 11:39 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s

Have you tried different ports on the PC, different cords, and/or a different PC to make sure it's not something with the rom itself since it is working for others? If there's not a notification when it's plugged in to tell you it's connected, then it's probably one of those 3 things. Does MTP work? Also, open the Device Manager and check the driver status when you plug it in to see if the PC does recognize it and whether or not it is trying to load the correct drivers.

I'm getting the error "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" in device manager. Also, it first shows up as drive L with a yellow triangle, but then it disappears after a little while.

Also, I am able to successfully connect it, get the drivers automatically, and keep the USB Mass storage page open when using a different computer. So it's got to be something with my computer right now. Think you could walk me through what to do with the drivers and whatnot?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Android Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank