Ask a question

No registration required

Can't disable Google+ sync

OP ppdd

14th August 2014, 03:35 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

18 posts
I'm trying to keep Google+ functionality, and manually sync it with Synker and Tasker and it's not working. Nexus 5 on 4.4.4 here.

Inside Settings->Accounts->Google->xxxxx@gmail.com there are options to disable individual apps. I'm interested in:

Google+
Google+ Photos
Google+ Uploads

As long as I'm logged into the Google+ app, I can't disable those sync options. If I disable them, they just re-enable within a few minutes.

If I log out of the Google+ app and the Photos app, the option to disable those sync features disappear completely. When I open the app again, Google+ logs me in and the options reappear, automatically enabled.

Is there any way to actually keep Google+ around without having it automatically sync all the time?

FYI, I also have Auto Backup disabled in G+ Photos, so it's not that either.

-Pat
The Following User Says Thank You to ppdd For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th August 2014, 01:58 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 585

3,082 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppdd

I'm trying to keep Google+ functionality, and manually sync it with Synker and Tasker and it's not working. Nexus 5 on 4.4.4 here.

Inside Settings->Accounts->Google->xxxxx@gmail.com there are options to disable individual apps. I'm interested in:

Google+
Google+ Photos
Google+ Uploads

As long as I'm logged into the Google+ app, I can't disable those sync options. If I disable them, they just re-enable within a few minutes.

If I log out of the Google+ app and the Photos app, the option to disable those sync features disappear completely. When I open the app again, Google+ logs me in and the options reappear, automatically enabled.

Is there any way to actually keep Google+ around without having it automatically sync all the time?

FYI, I also have Auto Backup disabled in G+ Photos, so it's not that either.

-Pat

Use the mobile site instead? There's so many people with issues with G+ that I never have any interest in keeping the app.
The Following User Says Thank You to es0tericcha0s For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread