Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,293 Members 39,043 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Following Instructions

Tip us?

nexroom
Old
(Last edited by nexroom; 13th July 2014 at 11:46 AM.) Reason: Adding extra question
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Following Instructions

I want to know when you say "install ROM' exactlty what do you mean? I have rooted the phone, installed all the drivers, installed ROM manager, done a factory wipe, opened the recovery programme. the phone cannot see the file no matter where I put the ROM. Can you inform me as mentioned earlier exactly where and how do you install the Optimus G3 ROM?
The ROM has been downloaded to my desktop, extracted and ready to go, but go where that is the question.
I have entered the recovery mode and that goes nowhere unless I want to wipe/factory reset again, it would be nice if I knew where the ROM was to be placed in order that my phone can see it and install it.

Thank you.

Is there an actual step-by-step set of instructions, various sites give differing instructions and most of them are incomplete?

Rico_515
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexroom View Post
I want to know when you say "install ROM' exactlty what do you mean?.
It means that you need to install the rom.
You can compare it with this instruction:

When said Install Rom:
1. Wipe data/cache (if needed)
2. Format System partition (if needed)
3. Wipe dalvik cache (if needed)
a few steps later...
?. Install zip file from sd card.

If it's needed it's explained in the instructions or description about the room.

Regards,
Rico_515

nexroom
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Following Instructions

Again not very helpful as when you do a wipe, the phone reboots and that is that, no more instructions nothing. What does [I} a few steps later...[/I] mean very vague answer. Upgraded many Samsung phones using Odin, this is the first time I have tried to install a ROM and I am now using LG phone and it is not the easiest model out there, although I do prefer LG to Samsung.