FORUMS

What is the font logo in Android L?

172 posts
Thanks Meter: 7

By @Sarun, Senior Member on 7th August 2014, 08:40 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Does anybody know the new font in Android Logo for the future versions of Android? Please refer the attached image of the new logo. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	new-android-logo-640x287.png
Views:	398
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	2887596  

10th August 2014, 10:40 PM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Leverkusen-Wiesdorf
Thanks Meter: 3,934

Donate to Me
More
Here is it,looks similar,so i think its right
----------

------
Attached Files
File Type: zip Steinerlight.zip - [Click for QR Code] (8.3 KB, 700 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to -CALIBAN666- For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th August 2014, 05:13 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by -CALIBAN666-

Here is it,looks similar,so i think its right
----------

------

I already have it. I'm actually looking for the exact one. Anyway thanks buddy.
30th April 2015, 07:01 PM |#4  
Flag Glendale
Thanks Meter: 178

Donate to Me
More
This has probably been answered elsewhere, but the Lollipop logo font is simply called 'and'. It has two typefaces, light and black. It was made bay a company called A2type specifically for Google. It's license makes it non-redistributable but it can be extracted from the Androidify apk under framework/res/fonts.

Unfortunately, the font is not available as a standard ttf to be installed as a system font on Android. and-light is available only as an .otf. and-black on the other hand is a ttf font which can be installed on Android, but both font typefaces suffer from an extreme vertical offset that causes text to be off center or cut off throughout the interface. In order to make the font usable, someone would pretty much have to copy the glyphs onto a new font with proper spacing in order for it to look correct, which would be a considerable undertaking. Which really is a shame, because and is a very attractive font and would make the perfect compliment to the new Lollipop UI.

and light
1st May 2015, 05:14 PM |#5  
Flag Glendale
Thanks Meter: 178

Donate to Me
More
Smile Lollipop Logo Font
Update:

Well, if you want something done, you have to do it yourself. I took the liberty of "fixing" this font, and I created light, regular, bold and italic typefaces. Enjoy!!!

Note, there are a few bugs that occurred from the conversion process which I will fix as I find time.

Download the font here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fdk38fti3b...0Font.zip?dl=0

UPDATE 5/2/15

I've fixed quite a few errors like the trailing e at the end of words, the percent sign and various alternate characters showing up in the place of certain punctuations.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b39y3hfqw2...Light.ttf?dl=0
Last edited by N00b-un-2; 2nd May 2015 at 06:59 PM. Reason: broken links
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to N00b-un-2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)