[Q] Galaxy s5 Active AT&T Unroot, Returning to store for a regular s5... help please?

OP Kaladin Stormblessed

13th July 2014, 10:30 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
First off, Just wanted to say hello and thanks to all you pros out there helping out us noobs... This is my second rooted phone, had a rooted s3 and bricked it trying to install Cyanogenmod rom, but this time ive done my homework and sucessfully towelrooted, use Supersu, safestrap (which is awesome btw!) deleted all the bloatware w/ titanium backup, and use xposed framework! So fun

But Im thinking of returning my active for a regular s5 because it keeps turning on in my pocket and it has the same exact waterproofing as the regular s5, salesman said it was water proof to 6 ft instead of the 3ft for the s5 which i now know is bull****...
Anyways, I need to uninstall xpose and safestrap, then restore bloatware with titanium backup, unfix write 2 sd card file thing (forget the name of it) then all i need to do is unroot through Supersu and do a factory reset and it should be back to stock, right?
I checked and knox is still 0x0 so AT&T should take it back still and trade me a regular s5? Thats all i need to do? Got mine 4 days ago and i think i have 14 days to exchange phones.

Second question, once I have the regular s5, can I use my safestrap backup and the titanium backup apps and system restore data? I know the active has some different bloatware and has no fingerprint scanner and has that actie button so I think the answer is no. But just wanted to double check with the pros

Thanks for any help.
13th July 2014, 10:36 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
One more question...
Does anyone know anyway, like through an xposed module or something, to add a Mobile Data toggle in the notification bar?
I heard lots of modules that can do that dont work good with touchwiz for 4.4.2 or atleast for Galaxy s5 AT&T...

Thats like the only think like I need to do and ill be super stoked on my modded s5. Only have 2 gb of data per month so i need to keep an eye on my mobilr data but need a quick way to turn it on to get any group or mms texts...
Thanks for any help/ comments...

Sorry if i posted these in the wrong place, first time poster here
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread