[Q] Google accounts/play services broken, no error message

Search This thread

F157

Feb 7, 2007
Munich
hi all,

I have a very strange problem with my S4 mini, and I'm out of ideas after hours of google, xda and troubleshooting. First of all, I'm travelling, therefore a factory reset is not an option at the moment.

I'm on the latest nightly of CM12.1 with gapps installed.

Everything was working fine until yesterday. Here's what happened:
I always used the CM12.1 stock email app. So my girlfriend wanted to check her gmail, therefore (to keep my mail app clean) I installed the official gmail app. After installation I signed in with her gmail address and password. After that the gmail app crashed. I then noticed that my contact list on the phone all of a sudden included her google contacts as well (she had an android device with a google account some time ago, so her former contacts are still synced with her account).
I removed the gmail app again, and now it seems my google account on the phone is broken. I can't use any google services anymore:
- PlayStore just opens a white screen for half a second, then closes without error
- Maps, Fit, Youtube, etc. all say I have to install google playstore to function, but playstore is installed already ("this app won't run without google play services, which are missing from your phone")
- When I go to Settings>Accounts there is no google account and no option to add a google account

What I tried:
- I cleared app data/cache for googleservicesframework and playstore
- I did dalvic/cache wipe
- I re-installed the gmail app which caused all the trouble, but can't sign in with google account anymore in the app (neither with mine nor hers)
- I updated to a newer nightly
- I flashed gapps again
- I used a gapps removal script from xda

I'm completely lost. nothing seems to work.

Thank you in advance for your help

Sent from my GT-I9195 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited: