Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,619 Members 46,733 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Google Hangouts Group Message Question

Tip us?

DaveWW00
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Question [Q] Google Hangouts Group Message Question

I just swtiched to CM11 on my Nexus 5. In google hangouts the text messaging doesnt seem to be behaving the same now. Problem i am having is with group messages. I send text to 4 or 5 people at once but their responses all come back in separate messages to me. they look like they are just to me but it seems from responses that they are to everyone in group. It didnt do this before. If i sent messages to group, all their responses came back in the same message thread. if i had seperate message to someone it was in its own thread. please help because this is very annoying. there has to be a setting or something that got switched
simple_fear85 Old
Thanks Meter
I think using google hangouts its meant for that to happen if I am correct. If your sending a text it sends to individually but if you send a hangout messages thats a group message.

DaveWW00
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by simple_fear85 View Post
I think using google hangouts its meant for that to happen if I am correct. If your sending a text it sends to individually but if you send a hangout messages thats a group message.
It definitely wasn't doing this before. Send a group message and it wouldn't seperate into individual messages. It absolutely shouldn't be sending me a message that looks like it's from one person and only going to me but actually is going to a group.

DaveWW00
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveWW00 View Post
It definitely wasn't doing this before. Send a group message and it wouldn't seperate into individual messages. It absolutely shouldn't be sending me a message that looks like it's from one person and only going to me but actually is going to a group.
Anybody out there help me or see how this works in hangouts for them? I am 99% positive it didnt work this way before and it makes no sense for it to. Stupid if somebody can send me a group message and i think its just from them and only way to respond to everyone is create new message to all of them.
Tags
group, hangouts, mms, sms, text