No registration required

[Q] Google Hangouts Group Message Question

OP DaveWW00

8th July 2014, 04:38 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8

74 posts
More
I just swtiched to CM11 on my Nexus 5. In google hangouts the text messaging doesnt seem to be behaving the same now. Problem i am having is with group messages. I send text to 4 or 5 people at once but their responses all come back in separate messages to me. they look like they are just to me but it seems from responses that they are to everyone in group. It didnt do this before. If i sent messages to group, all their responses came back in the same message thread. if i had seperate message to someone it was in its own thread. please help because this is very annoying. there has to be a setting or something that got switched
simple_fear85
8th July 2014, 05:55 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
I think using google hangouts its meant for that to happen if I am correct. If your sending a text it sends to individually but if you send a hangout messages thats a group message.
8th July 2014, 11:38 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

74 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simple_fear85

I think using google hangouts its meant for that to happen if I am correct. If your sending a text it sends to individually but if you send a hangout messages thats a group message.

It definitely wasn't doing this before. Send a group message and it wouldn't seperate into individual messages. It absolutely shouldn't be sending me a message that looks like it's from one person and only going to me but actually is going to a group.
9th July 2014, 10:39 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

74 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveWW00

It definitely wasn't doing this before. Send a group message and it wouldn't seperate into individual messages. It absolutely shouldn't be sending me a message that looks like it's from one person and only going to me but actually is going to a group.

Anybody out there help me or see how this works in hangouts for them? I am 99% positive it didnt work this way before and it makes no sense for it to. Stupid if somebody can send me a group message and i think its just from them and only way to respond to everyone is create new message to all of them.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
group, hangouts, mms, sms, text
Previous Thread Next Thread