Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] GT-I9505 brick

OP Mcrblues

14th August 2014, 01:20 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Hello,

So I accidently deleted a folder of photos vs the one photo i wanted to. In my attempts to recover the photos i tried to root my Galaxy S4 GT-I9505. I tried to use Odin and I kept getting an error saying my phone was removed during the process. I tried mutiple USB ports which no luck. Now my phone is stuck with "Firmware has encounted an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again." So i downloaded Kies which then told me my phone does not support initialization. so i tried Kies 3 which doesnt support my phone model. I am trying to download the firmware from samsung website, but due to where i am stationed the internet isnt the best. Is there anything a super rookie like me can do? would a factory reset solve my issue? Please help me, I need my phone to keep in touch with my family back home.
14th August 2014, 01:51 PM   |  #2  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 56

150 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcrblues

Hello,

So I accidently deleted a folder of photos vs the one photo i wanted to. In my attempts to recover the photos i tried to root my Galaxy S4 GT-I9505. I tried to use Odin and I kept getting an error saying my phone was removed during the process. I tried mutiple USB ports which no luck. Now my phone is stuck with "Firmware has encounted an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again." So i downloaded Kies which then told me my phone does not support initialization. so i tried Kies 3 which doesnt support my phone model. I am trying to download the firmware from samsung website, but due to where i am stationed the internet isnt the best. Is there anything a super rookie like me can do? would a factory reset solve my issue? Please help me, I need my phone to keep in touch with my family back home.

If you can boot into recovery, a factory reset can't harm. But it might not fix your issues.

Can you still boot your phone into download mode? If yes, then just download the original stock rom from sammobile.com. It's best to choose the version for your country and carrier. Install it with Odin.

If you still want to root, try chain fire autoroot. Again with Odin.
http://autoroot.chainfire.eu
But after flashing stock Rom, I doubt you will be able to recover your photos. So no point in rooting if you don't care about having root.

Sent from my GT-I9505
14th August 2014, 02:10 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Yes i can still access download mode..I think i tried using Chainfire with Odin but Rooting is something for another day. I just want to get my phone operational at a minimum. Im currently trying to download firmware from Samsung-update.com or something like that. Is sammobile.com a better site for me to use? I'm at work right now so I am unable to work on the issue at hand but once I get the stock ROM how easy is it to get on to the phone using Odin?
14th August 2014, 02:33 PM   |  #4  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 56

150 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcrblues

Yes i can still access download mode..I think i tried using Chainfire with Odin but Rooting is something for another day. I just want to get my phone operational at a minimum. Im currently trying to download firmware from Samsung-update.com or something like that. Is sammobile.com a better site for me to use? I'm at work right now so I am unable to work on the issue at hand but once I get the stock ROM how easy is it to get on to the phone using Odin?

Samsung-updates is just as good.
The firmware you download will probably be a zip file. You should extract it if it's a zip. You should end up with a file with the extension: tar or tar.md5.

You have to boot your phone into download mode.
Start Odin on the pc in administrator mode.
Connect the phone to the pc. Use the original USB cable that came with the phone.
You should see the text: in Odin when you connect the phone.
Put the firmware you downloaded in Odin in PDA or if you're using the latest version, in AP.
Make sure only: "auto reboot" and "f. Reset time" are checked.
Click start and wait until your phone restarts. (10 minutes or more)

You're done.

EDIT: one more thing, make sure Kies isn't running in the background. It might interfere with Odin.

Sent from my GT-I9505
Last edited by andreiav; 14th August 2014 at 05:06 PM.
15th August 2014, 11:05 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
<ID:0/004> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> I9505XXUGNF6_I9505H3GGNF2_I9505XXUGNF6_HOME.tar.md 5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> There is no PIT partition.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
<ID:0/004> Removed!!
<ID:0/004> Added!!
<ID:0/004> Removed!!
15th August 2014, 11:30 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Ok i want to start by saying i love you both for helping..I got my phone back!!!!!
and ive learned my lesson in rooting..dont do it because im dumb
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread