Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] On GT-S5570, Power button and Back button don't work once booted.

OP VladimirVilimaitis

23rd August 2014, 08:53 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
G'day mates.
So, a phone was given to me in order to see what's up with it and possibly fix it. I was unable to do so, so I consult you guys for an advice.
When turned off, the phone can be turned on while pressing the power button(duh), however, when the phone is actually booted up, both power button and back button are dysfunctional, while the menu button works properly. The fact that power button works means that this is probably not a hardware issue, and the fact that this issue persists after factory reset means that this is not a probably a bug caused by installed software.
So, what do I do?
Last edited by VladimirVilimaitis; 23rd August 2014 at 08:59 PM. Reason: I accidentaly a word.
24th August 2014, 01:34 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Well, bump, hope it is not against the rules.
24th August 2014, 01:55 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 586

3,086 posts
Donate to Me
More
It's not a good assumption that a factory reset would solve all software issues. If something has been changed or corrupted in the /system partition, a factory reset doesn't help. I'd try and reload the stock firmware via Odin to try first. That will overwrite the system if there are issues there. If that fails, you can always root and install other ways to navigate around like Pie controls.
The Following User Says Thank You to es0tericcha0s For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th August 2014, 07:05 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
I'm back
Okay, I am here, sorry for late response.
So, flashing the phone with Odin to 2.3.6 fixed the issue with back button, thanks for that, but power button remains dysfunctional when powered on. Why? Perhaps it is, indeed, a hardware issue?
Pie control are not exactly an option here because that reduces the phone resell value.
Last edited by VladimirVilimaitis; 28th August 2014 at 07:10 PM.
28th August 2014, 10:38 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Bump.
29th August 2014, 06:06 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Nobody?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread