Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,105 Members 44,740 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] On GT-S5570, Power button and Back button don't work once booted.

Tip us?

VladimirVilimaitis
Old
(Last edited by VladimirVilimaitis; 23rd August 2014 at 07:59 PM.) Reason: I accidentaly a word.
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Phone [Q] On GT-S5570, Power button and Back button don't work once booted.

G'day mates.
So, a phone was given to me in order to see what's up with it and possibly fix it. I was unable to do so, so I consult you guys for an advice.
When turned off, the phone can be turned on while pressing the power button(duh), however, when the phone is actually booted up, both power button and back button are dysfunctional, while the menu button works properly. The fact that power button works means that this is probably not a hardware issue, and the fact that this issue persists after factory reset means that this is not a probably a bug caused by installed software.
So, what do I do?

VladimirVilimaitis
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Well, bump, hope it is not against the rules.

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 519

DONATE TO ME
It's not a good assumption that a factory reset would solve all software issues. If something has been changed or corrupted in the /system partition, a factory reset doesn't help. I'd try and reload the stock firmware via Odin to try first. That will overwrite the system if there are issues there. If that fails, you can always root and install other ways to navigate around like Pie controls.
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s
Now offering unlocking services - including many Sprint phone unlocks! PM for details!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / OnePlus One (64 GB)
The Following User Says Thank You to es0tericcha0s For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

VladimirVilimaitis
Old
(Last edited by VladimirVilimaitis; 28th August 2014 at 06:10 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default I'm back

Okay, I am here, sorry for late response.
So, flashing the phone with Odin to 2.3.6 fixed the issue with back button, thanks for that, but power button remains dysfunctional when powered on. Why? Perhaps it is, indeed, a hardware issue?
Pie control are not exactly an option here because that reduces the phone resell value.

VladimirVilimaitis
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Bump.

VladimirVilimaitis
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Nobody?