Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,995 Members 49,729 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] Easiest Way to Utilize Catlog

Tip us?

LeftyGR
Old
Thanks Meter 773
Yeah. So learning this is a bit o' trial and error. . Which is what I figured. I got two smali files that show errors, and I figured out the lines for each. But fuzzy past that right now. But if I follow your logic, it's a good bet the error is linked to those lines in smali and androidmanifest? Thanks for the reply, and I'll stop stretching the topic.
I will not apologize for art.
The Following User Says Thank You to LeftyGR For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Train88
Old
Recognized Themer - OP
Thanks Meter 3,097

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftyGR View Post
Yeah. So learning this is a bit o' trial and error. . Which is what I figured. I got two smali files that show errors, and I figured out the lines for each. But fuzzy past that right now. But if I follow your logic, it's a good bet the error is linked to those lines in smali and androidmanifest? Thanks for the reply, and I'll stop stretching the topic.
Halfway... If you notice at the beginning of some layout lines, it will have something similar to a web address. Those are telling you where in smali those layouts are located. So if you find the smali file, do a search for it like you would searching in android (except with a period instead of "/")

Team BlackOut... or Back Out
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Train88 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Train88
Old
Recognized Themer - OP
Thanks Meter 3,097

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftyGR View Post
Wait, I'm sorry but I just read your log... Did you try to build it as a signed install or did you flash it?

The Following User Says Thank You to Train88 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LeftyGR
Old
Thanks Meter 773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Train88 View Post
Wait, I'm sorry but I just read your log... Did you try to build it as a signed install or did you flash it?

Flashed. It's Samsung Calendar. I kept the old sigs as it's a system app. The fc is only when I choose the 'year' tab in the app.

Train88
Old
Recognized Themer - OP
Thanks Meter 3,097

DONATE TO ME
Ok... From what you've told me it sounds like a problem in layouts or styles. Unless you did try editing some smali. But I don't know anything any that app to help with their smali

The Following User Says Thank You to Train88 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LeftyGR
Old
(Last edited by LeftyGR; 17th September 2014 at 07:57 AM.)
Thanks Meter 773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Train88 View Post
Ok... From what you've told me it sounds like a problem in layouts or styles. Unless you did try editing some smali. But I don't know anything any that app to help with their smali

Yeah I found a line that was semi-duplicated in strings, that was directly linked to a styles section specifically for yearview. I found a lot of jacked up stuff Samsung borked in their own app. Don't know how they got it to compile in the first place! I won't know if that was it til tomorrow. Thanks for the help!
The Following User Says Thank You to LeftyGR For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]