Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,360 Members 53,467 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Guide] How To Increase Internal Memory Of Android

Tip us?

Malyaj
Old
(Last edited by Malyaj; 12th April 2014 at 12:14 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Post [Guide] How To Increase Internal Memory Of Android

Here is a N00b friendly Guide for increasing Internal memory of any android device..

PS : In anyway i am not responsible for bricked devices but still i will help you in every possible way.

Requirements :
1) pc
2) rooted android device
3) memory card 4gb+ and class 4+
4) Brain. ( Download Link not available... )

This could also Reduce life span of your memory card. ( But i guess its worth for removing out of space notification and problems )

Downloads :

Mini Tool Partition Wizard for PC: http://www.partitionwizard.com/free-...n-manager.html
Link2sd App : https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.buak.Link2SD

Procedure :

Connect your sd card to pc via a card reader. Dont Connect it with Usb mass storage via device!

Open Mini tool partition wizard for pc in Mini tool parition mode.

Go to Your Disc ( sd card ) and right click it and delete it.

Now Right Click on it and click Create.

In the create. Name Anything in partition label ( for ex : Memory Card, You can leave it blank also.) Click Create As and set it from logical to primary. Click file system and set it as Fat32. Now This partition is for your usage, like Songs, videos, etc. Now set its Size. For Example I am using 4 gb memory card. So i will reduce its partition to 3 gb for 1 gb of Internal memory. Set its size to how much you want. ( check out the screenshots attached for more help).

Now you will see one more partition Unallocated in your memory card just below your Fat32 partition.

Right Click the Unallocated Partition, And click create.

Leave the partition label blank. Click Create As and change it to Primary. Click File System and Set it to EXT2. Leave the rest as it is. ( check the screenshot).

Save Changes.

Insert Memory card into the android phone and open Link2SD app.

The App will ask for your second partition. Select ext2 and click ok. Now reboot.

Now open Link2sd. Click on any app say for example Facebook and Click create link. tick all the dialogue boxs that appear next.

Link all the apps and see the difference!!

Enjoy! IF you liked my first post and i helped Press the thanks button that would be enough!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Parition 1.png
Views:	1209
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	2681711   Click image for larger version

Name:	Partition 2.png
Views:	1153
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	2681712  
The Following User Says Thank You to Malyaj For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

x102x96x
Old
Thanks Meter 278

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malyaj View Post
Here is a N00b friendly Guide for increasing Internal memory of any android device..

PS : In anyway i am not responsible for bricked devices but still i will help you in every possible way.

Requirements :
1) pc
2) rooted android device
3) memory card 4gb+ and class 4+
4) Brain. ( Download Link not available... )

This could also Reduce life span of your memory card. ( But i guess its worth for removing out of space notification and problems )

Downloads :

Mini Tool Partition Wizard for PC: http://www.partitionwizard.com/free-...n-manager.html
Link2sd App : https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.buak.Link2SD

Procedure :

Connect your sd card to pc via a card reader. Dont Connect it with Usb mass storage via device!

Open Mini tool partition wizard for pc in Mini tool parition mode.

Go to Your Disc ( sd card ) and right click it and delete it.

Now Right Click on it and click Create.

In the create. Name Anything in partition label ( for ex : Memory Card, You can leave it blank also.) Click Create As and set it from logical to primary. Click file system and set it as Fat32. Now This partition is for your usage, like Songs, videos, etc. Now set its Size. For Example I am using 4 gb memory card. So i will reduce its partition to 3 gb for 1 gb of Internal memory. Set its size to how much you want. ( check out the screenshots attached for more help).

Now you will see one more partition Unallocated in your memory card just below your Fat32 partition.

Right Click the Unallocated Partition, And click create.

Leave the partition label blank. Click Create As and change it to Primary. Click File System and Set it to EXT2. Leave the rest as it is. ( check the screenshot).

Save Changes.

Insert Memory card into the android phone and open Link2SD app.

The App will ask for your second partition. Select ext2 and click ok. Now reboot.

Now open Link2sd. Click on any app say for example Facebook and Click create link. tick all the dialogue boxs that appear next.

Link all the apps and see the difference!!

Enjoy! IF you liked my first post and i helped Press the thanks button that would be enough!
or maybe it guide from noob for noobs !
u post in wrong section friend.
it s for AndroidWear u should post it in General Android Forum > maybe general section

Java.Symbian.WP8.iOS4/5/6/7
Android; Fy \GB \ICS \JB \KK \CustomROM
Devices; Nexus \Xperia \Galaxy \LG \htc \Lenovo
./Android-Ubuntu Programming

>>> XperiaSmallApp & GalaxyMultiWindow & All-Device <<<
>>> AndroidWear <<<

SonyXperiaZ2; D6503/.314
SamsungGalaxyNoteIII
;
N900 /ND1
GoogleNexus5; D821 | MultiROM
UbuntuTouch & CM11 (In Use)
GoogleNexus7
;
Grouper | MultiROM
BT5 & CM11 (In Use)

Malyaj
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by x102x96x View Post
or maybe it guide from noob for noobs !
u post in wrong section friend.
it s for AndroidWear u should post it in General Android Forum > maybe general section

Thanxs Mate for the enlightenment... I thought i was posting it in the wrong section... nevertheless thanks for the advice mate.. btw... how the guide?