Sony Xperia Z3 Lollipop Framework Ported to CM12

Android 5.0 for Xperia has a unique look and feel. You don’t have to get a Sony … more

Do You Use Recents as a Task Switcher?

Google introduced a revamped Recents interface with Lollipop in the hopes of making it easier for … more

YU Yureka All-in-One ToolBox (CM12S Only)

This packed toolbox by XDA Senior Member gohel.vishal makes many useful tweaks … more

Sony Xperia Z4 Forum Now Available

Sony’s Xperia line has seen plenty of development on XDA, and now that the Xperia Z4 has been … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Guide] How To Increase Internal Memory Of Android

12th April 2014, 12:02 PM |#1  
Malyaj's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Lucknow
Thanks Meter: 102
 
210 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Donate to Me
More
Here is a N00b friendly Guide for increasing Internal memory of any android device..

PS : In anyway i am not responsible for bricked devices but still i will help you in every possible way.

Requirements :
1) pc
2) rooted android device
3) memory card 4gb+ and class 4+
4) Brain. ( Download Link not available... )

This could also Reduce life span of your memory card. ( But i guess its worth for removing out of space notification and problems )

Downloads :

Mini Tool Partition Wizard for PC: http://www.partitionwizard.com/free-...n-manager.html
Link2sd App : https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.buak.Link2SD

Procedure :

Connect your sd card to pc via a card reader. Dont Connect it with Usb mass storage via device!

Open Mini tool partition wizard for pc in Mini tool parition mode.

Go to Your Disc ( sd card ) and right click it and delete it.

Now Right Click on it and click Create.

In the create. Name Anything in partition label ( for ex : Memory Card, You can leave it blank also.) Click Create As and set it from logical to primary. Click file system and set it as Fat32. Now This partition is for your usage, like Songs, videos, etc. Now set its Size. For Example I am using 4 gb memory card. So i will reduce its partition to 3 gb for 1 gb of Internal memory. Set its size to how much you want. ( check out the screenshots attached for more help).

Now you will see one more partition Unallocated in your memory card just below your Fat32 partition.

Right Click the Unallocated Partition, And click create.

Leave the partition label blank. Click Create As and change it to Primary. Click File System and Set it to EXT2. Leave the rest as it is. ( check the screenshot).

Save Changes.

Insert Memory card into the android phone and open Link2SD app.

The App will ask for your second partition. Select ext2 and click ok. Now reboot.

Now open Link2sd. Click on any app say for example Facebook and Click create link. tick all the dialogue boxs that appear next.

Link all the apps and see the difference!!

Enjoy! IF you liked my first post and i helped Press the thanks button that would be enough!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Parition 1.png
Views:	1311
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	2681711   Click image for larger version

Name:	Partition 2.png
Views:	1251
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	2681712  
Last edited by Malyaj; 12th April 2014 at 12:14 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Malyaj For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
x102x96x
12th April 2014, 12:15 PM |#2  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malyaj

Here is a N00b friendly Guide for increasing Internal memory of any android device..

PS : In anyway i am not responsible for bricked devices but still i will help you in every possible way.

Requirements :
1) pc
2) rooted android device
3) memory card 4gb+ and class 4+
4) Brain. ( Download Link not available... )

This could also Reduce life span of your memory card. ( But i guess its worth for removing out of space notification and problems )

Downloads :

Mini Tool Partition Wizard for PC: http://www.partitionwizard.com/free-...n-manager.html
Link2sd App : https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.buak.Link2SD

Procedure :

Connect your sd card to pc via a card reader. Dont Connect it with Usb mass storage via device!

Open Mini tool partition wizard for pc in Mini tool parition mode.

Go to Your Disc ( sd card ) and right click it and delete it.

Now Right Click on it and click Create.

In the create. Name Anything in partition label ( for ex : Memory Card, You can leave it blank also.) Click Create As and set it from logical to primary. Click file system and set it as Fat32. Now This partition is for your usage, like Songs, videos, etc. Now set its Size. For Example I am using 4 gb memory card. So i will reduce its partition to 3 gb for 1 gb of Internal memory. Set its size to how much you want. ( check out the screenshots attached for more help).

Now you will see one more partition Unallocated in your memory card just below your Fat32 partition.

Right Click the Unallocated Partition, And click create.

Leave the partition label blank. Click Create As and change it to Primary. Click File System and Set it to EXT2. Leave the rest as it is. ( check the screenshot).

Save Changes.

Insert Memory card into the android phone and open Link2SD app.

The App will ask for your second partition. Select ext2 and click ok. Now reboot.

Now open Link2sd. Click on any app say for example Facebook and Click create link. tick all the dialogue boxs that appear next.

Link all the apps and see the difference!!

Enjoy! IF you liked my first post and i helped Press the thanks button that would be enough!

or maybe it guide from noob for noobs !
u post in wrong section friend.
it s for AndroidWear u should post it in General Android Forum > maybe general section

12th April 2014, 01:13 PM |#3  
Malyaj's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Lucknow
Thanks Meter: 102
 
210 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Donate to Me
More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by x102x96x

or maybe it guide from noob for noobs !
u post in wrong section friend.
it s for AndroidWear u should post it in General Android Forum > maybe general section

Thanxs Mate for the enlightenment... I thought i was posting it in the wrong section... nevertheless thanks for the advice mate.. btw... how the guide?
29th December 2014, 01:15 PM |#4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
39 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malyaj

Here is a N00b friendly Guide for increasing Internal memory of any android device..

PS : In anyway i am not responsible for bricked devices but still i will help you in every possible way.

Requirements :
1) pc
2) rooted android device
3) memory card 4gb+ and class 4+
4) Brain. ( Download Link not available... )

This could also Reduce life span of your memory card. ( But i guess its worth for removing out of space notification and problems )

Downloads :

Mini Tool Partition Wizard for PC: http://www.partitionwizard.com/free-...n-manager.html
Link2sd App : https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.buak.Link2SD

Procedure :

Connect your sd card to pc via a card reader. Dont Connect it with Usb mass storage via device!

Open Mini tool partition wizard for pc in Mini tool parition mode.

Go to Your Disc ( sd card ) and right click it and delete it.

Now Right Click on it and click Create.

In the create. Name Anything in partition label ( for ex : Memory Card, You can leave it blank also.) Click Create As and set it from logical to primary. Click file system and set it as Fat32. Now This partition is for your usage, like Songs, videos, etc. Now set its Size. For Example I am using 4 gb memory card. So i will reduce its partition to 3 gb for 1 gb of Internal memory. Set its size to how much you want. ( check out the screenshots attached for more help).

Now you will see one more partition Unallocated in your memory card just below your Fat32 partition.

Right Click the Unallocated Partition, And click create.

Leave the partition label blank. Click Create As and change it to Primary. Click File System and Set it to EXT2. Leave the rest as it is. ( check the screenshot).

Save Changes.

Insert Memory card into the android phone and open Link2SD app.

The App will ask for your second partition. Select ext2 and click ok. Now reboot.

Now open Link2sd. Click on any app say for example Facebook and Click create link. tick all the dialogue boxs that appear next.

Link all the apps and see the difference!!

Enjoy! IF you liked my first post and i helped Press the thanks button that would be enough!

So for ex: my external is 16 I can put like 10gb like internal and then if my internal was 1gb , it Will be 11th and external will be 4gb (because memory card 16 read 14 ) .
In case this memory in future happen anything to it or has been eject what will happen????
Thanks again ,merry Christmas
29th December 2014, 02:55 PM |#5  
Malyaj's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Lucknow
Thanks Meter: 102
 
210 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mido Enab

So for ex: my external is 16 I can put like 10gb like internal and then if my internal was 1gb , it Will be 11th and external will be 4gb (because memory card 16 read 14 ) .
In case this memory in future happen anything to it or has been eject what will happen????
Thanks again ,merry Christmas

Remember this rule for extension size. U need to have 100 mb free memory in phone per every 500 mb extention! so in that case assuming you have 1gb free.. than you can extend upto 5 gb approx. and if you have to eject memory card never do it directly phone will crash.... switch off the phone and than eject it . Merry Christmas!

Sent from my XT1033 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Malyaj For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd January 2015, 12:58 PM |#6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
39 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2014
More
Thanks and i wiil try it
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes