How did rooting process go with your 2015 Philips Android TV?

• Firmware QV151E - Rooting was successfull

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • Firmware QV151E - Rooting was not successfull

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Firmware QM152E - Rooting was successfull

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Firmware QM152E - Rooting was not successfull

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • Firmware QM151E - Rooting was successfull

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Firmware QM151E - Rooting was not successfull

• Firmware TPM156E - Rooting was successfull

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Firmware TPM156E - Rooting was not successfull

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Firmware TPM151E - Rooting was successfull

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Firmware TPM151E - Rooting was not successfull

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Firmware TPM152E - Rooting was successfull

• Firmware TPM152E - Rooting was not successfull

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

ovso

Oct 10, 2015
Happiest City
PROCEED WITH CARE
OVERVIEW TABLE - UPDATED FOR APRIL 2016
Update%2BMaj%2B2016.jpg

* Comment applicable for TV's with QV15.1E chassis:
Below guide does not apply for firmwares QV151E_R0.5.38.41, QV151E_R0.5.38.52 because root can be obtained directly under user 0 using KingRoot on them.
Here you are download links for both firmwares:
1. QV151E_R0.5.38.41 (Use utility FRD v0.94 for easy download)
2. QV151E_R0.5.38.52 (Use utility FRD v0.94 for easy download)
Below guide also does not apply for QV151E_R0.5.38.55 and up, because TP Vision applied necessary android security patches to avoid root...
Upgrade/Downgrade above mentioned firmware via Android system recovery <3e> menu

Good news!!! Now we can get full root access on some ABD enabled 2015 Philips Android TV's
13.jpg

FULL STEP BY STEP GUIDE:
A. PREREQUISITES
1. PC/Mac/Linux computer on the same WiFi / Ethernet network as your TV with functional Android Device Bridge (ADB).
2. Working TeamViewer on above mentioned computer.
3. Familiarity with side-loading APK's using ES File Explorer from USB storage and/or v from Google Play or similar.
4. Readiness and excitement to get your 2015 Philips Android TV to the next level :)

B. CREATE AND SWITCH TO USER 10
1. Install Terminal Emulator app from Google Play using computer or other device.
2. Execute in Terminal Emulator following command: am start --user 0 com.android.settings/.DevelopmentSettings
3. Enable "Developer options" and enable "USB debugging" in the popped-up window.
4. Install Android Debug Bridge utility (ADB) on the PC preferably at root folder C:\ADB for easy use.
5. Run the ADB utility on PC. PC must be on the same network as TV. Make sure adb.exe is not blacklisted in your firewall rules.
It is better to connect both PC and TV via ethernet cable to the same router instead of WiFi.
6. Execute following shell command: adb start-server
7. Execute another shell command: adb connect 10.0.1.2 (IP of your TV)
8. Execute shell command upon successful connection: adb shell
9. Create new user under shell by performing following command: pm create-user FREE (any name)
10. Note or remember what number was assigned with newly created user. Should be user 10.
11. Switch to the new user profile executing shell command: am switch-user 10 (the number assigned to the profile above)

C. GET ROOT PRIVILEGES UNDER USER 10
12. Execute shell command to enter security settings of newly create user 10:
am start --user 10 com.android.settings/.SecuritySettings
13. Enable installation from unknown sources using slider in the menu.
14. Install rooting app KingRoot v4.8.0 (update to v4.8.1 later within app) under "User 10" and apply root. Navigate through app from PC via QuickSupport TeamViewer application because remote control does not work in it.
15. Exit KingRoot app and execute it again. This time KingRoot will deploy as system application. It can take few more attempts for KingRoot to deploy as system app so be patient. Note: TV may restart itself when root privileges are granted.
16. Install app Root Explorer v3.3.8. Use its re-mounting function by pressing R/W button to gain full read/write access to all files. Install also app Purify v1.2.0.120 which will help us!
17. Edit following XML file: /data/system/users/0/package-restrictions.xml using built in "Text Editor" under Root Explorer.
18. Remove line related to Root Explorer <pkg name="com.speedsoftware.rootexplorer" stopped="true" /> also lines <pkg name="com.kingstudio.purify"> plus <pkg name="com.kingouser.com"> and save file. This will allow Root Explorer and Purify to run under "User 0".

D. GET ROOT PRIVILEGES UNDER USER 0
19. Switch from "User 10" to "User 0" executing ADB command: am switch-user 0 . If you've at this point lost access and can not perform switch via ADB install app adbWireless v1.5.4 from USB stick, allow root access and re-enable ADB. It also works via Ethernet cable. If you are still not rooted and end up in "User 10 trap" focus on getting root privileges. Uninstall + re-install KingRoot + switch to user 0.
20. Restart the TV by unplugging / re-plugging power cord.
21. Re-run KingRoot under "User 0" so it can fully deploy as system app. If you do not see the KingRoot app listed anywhere press gear button on remote and go to Setup/General Settings/Android settings/Device/Apps/System apps and open it from there. Afterwards the KingRoot app will be listed among other sideloaded apps.

E. ENABLE INSTALLATION FROM UNKNOWN SOURCES UNDER USER 0
22. Install app Settings Database Editor v2016.01.26 from Google Play from your PC, run it, grant root privileges when prompt and edit value "install_non_market_apps" under secure tab from "0" to "1". Alternatively set root privileges to it via ADB by running ADB command: pm grant by4a.setedit android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS
23. Edit 0.xml located in /data/system/users/ under line <restrictions no_install_unknown_sources="true" /> and change value "true" to "false" using text editor within Root Explorer.
24. Disable "Google Play Services" and "Google Play Store" apps under Auto-start tab in KingRoot app. Alternatively run app Purify v1.2.0.120 and set "Google Play Services" and "Google Play Store" apps to Auto-kill+Block Start under Purify Apps tab. Other words make sure "Google Play Services" and "Google Play Store" are not on whitelist.
25. Restart the TV by unplugging / re-plugging power cord.
26. Enjoy the root and install any APK under "User 0" you like. :cool:. Installation of apps via ADB will also work from here. "User 10" may be deleted at this point using ADB command: pm remove-user 10
27. Attention: If you (or Android system) open "Google Play Services" and/or "Google Play Store" apps than installation of apps from unknown sources will be disabled so go back and start from point 23...

F. TIPS AND TRICKS
1. Find attached below all needed APK's that worked for me. (Except ES File Explorer - no more quota)
2. If wanted you can install BusyBox Installer v1.4 and select BusyBox version v1.20.
3. Launcher that I use in the screenshot picture is TV Launcher v3.0.20. Below is attached APK for it. No root required for this launcher, however uninstall Leanback Launcher updates under system apps otherwise you'll be not able to select "Home App" yourself...
4. I've changed resolution of the UI from 1080p to 1440p. Looks great and so far no issues with it. 2160p does not work steadily (not supported in Lollipop)... Use ADB shell command: wm size 2560x1440 ... To go back use ADB shell command: wm size reset
5. Great app called Root Booster can be found here
6. You can replace KingRoot with SuperSU following this guide. It worked on my 49PUS7150/12, but TV restarted around 3 times. I've used the tool v2.4...
7. You can make your life much easier with Total Commander with Android ADB plugin
Let us know the tricks you tried.

G. ROOT - PROS AND CONS
PROS:
1. Install apps requiring root access
2. Make TV more reliable and faster by deleting obsolete system apps (even preinstalled ones)
3. Improve boot time and increase TV responsiveness by removing bloatware
4. Manage processor and Android system performance
5. Install a better web browser
6. Use an iphone/ipad/mac based airmouse/remote mouse in this browser
7. Tweak and test 4K posiblities
CONS:
1. Potential loss of warranty if not un-rooted before hard brick...

H. GUIDE IS FULLY TESTED AND WORKING on following 2015 Philips Android TV's:
1. 49PUS7150/12 - QV151E - Version: 000.005.038.028, Date published: 2015-12-16
2. PUS7600/12
3. 49PUK7150/12
4. 55PUS7150/12
5. 55PUS7100/12
Let us know if you are successful

I. GUIDE UNFORTUNATELY DOES NOT WORK YET on following 2015 Philips Android TV's due to dm-verity safe boot enabled:
1. 5500 series
2. 50PUT6400
3. 48PUS7100/78 - error message: device '(null)' not found
4. 55PUK6400 - QM152E - Version: 000.005.101.047
Let us know if you are stuck

J. WISH LIST
1. Enable mouse pointer - Enabled since March 2016 firmwares
2. Enable 4K video content from YouTube
3. Enable oscam server
Let us know your wish

K. TROUBLESHOOTING IN CASE OF ISSUES
1. Follow this thread: [GUIDE] Continuous restart / bootloop fix for Philips Android TV with Wipe Data Tool
Let us know if you experience any issues.

QV151E NOTE: Rooting was possible prior to QV151E_R0.5.38.068 firmware. In this particular firmware there were Google security patches applied to avoid this rooting method. Even if you downgrade to prior firmware versions, you will no longer succeed with this rooting method.

@7100p, @Tomzzz4pda - Thanks for great contribution to make this guide reality :) !!!

Attachments

• com.kingroot.kinguser_4.8.0-135_minAPI9(nodpi).apk
    8.4 MB · Views: 4,469
  • com.speedsoftware.rootexplorer_3.3.8.apk
    2.4 MB · Views: 1,882
  • siir.es.adbWireless_1.5.4.apk
    365.2 KB · Views: 1,715
  • com.kingstudio.purify.v1.2.0.120.apk
    3.3 MB · Views: 1,568
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 9,189
  • BusyBox.Installer_v4.1.apk
    867.8 KB · Views: 1,519
  • TVLauncher_v3.0.20.apk
    4.5 MB · Views: 2,510
Last edited:

byhayati

Feb 10, 2014
Dude. İts really big step thanks for it.
49puk7150
İ rooted tv after this when i run root explorer it says you device not rooted. İ also allowed the ap on king root. Anyway i installed root browser it does work. But i edited the xml file but i couldnt recognize what to delete exactly. So i deleted all lines pkg to other pkg wich is included root explorer also deleted orginal backup . Switch user 0. king root appears in system apps but there is no option 'run'. Just like other apps i have installed on 10. They appears but not runs.

So i back to user 10 i checkt xml file i noticed that file change back to orginal. Tried few time but no hope.

İ dont know what i missed or do something wrong

İf u made a video it will be awesome..

Thanks

ovso

Oct 10, 2015
Happiest City
Dude. İts really big step thanks for it.
49puk7150
İ rooted tv after this when i run root explorer it says you device not rooted. İ also allowed the ap on king root. Anyway i installed root browser it does work. But i edited the xml file but i couldnt recognize what to delete exactly. So i deleted all lines pkg to other pkg wich is included root explorer also deleted orginal backup . Switch user 0. king root appears in system apps but there is no option 'run'. Just like other apps i have installed on 10. They appears but not runs.

So i back to user 10 i checkt xml file i noticed that file change back to orginal. Tried few time but no hope.

İ dont know what i missed or do something wrong

İf u made a video it will be awesome..

Thanks
You did everything correctly except one step. When you've switched from "User 10" to "User 0" you did not restart the TV (point 20). Without the restart, you can not open KingRoot under "User 0"... Go back to point 15 ...

Reactions: The__Doctor

Matt17000

May 26, 2010
Okay, so i managed to launch kingroot and root explorer on user 0, but i can't install any app...

C:\Users\Janjaak>adb install tv-armeabi-v7a-release-0.1.2.apk
645 KB/s (19668366 bytes in 29.759s)
pkg: /data/local/tmp/tv-armeabi-v7a-release-0.1.2.apk
Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_USER_RESTRICTED]

Any idea ? :(

Jul 15, 2015
My tv is 55PUS7150/12 QV151E. I installed kingroot and rootexplorer uder user 0 (after couple tries) and they work ok, my tv is rooted (kingroot works as system app). But when i trying install app Settings Database Editor (step 22) it says its restricted to install apps from unknown sources. For me step 18 is unclear. Exactly which lines should be deleted. I remove line about rootexplorer and kingroot. Can you explain this to me.

Wysłane z mojego D6603 przy użyciu Tapatalka

ovso

Oct 10, 2015
Happiest City
Okay, so i managed to launch kingroot and root explorer on user 0, but i can't install any app...

C:\Users\Janjaak>adb install tv-armeabi-v7a-release-0.1.2.apk
645 KB/s (19668366 bytes in 29.759s)
pkg: /data/local/tmp/tv-armeabi-v7a-release-0.1.2.apk
Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_USER_RESTRICTED]

Any idea ? :(
This means that your "Google Play Services" and "Google Play Store" are still running as system apps and they are disabling/blocking install from unknown sources. Focus on point 24 and double make sure they are disabled after start up in both KingRoot and also Purify! Before you restart TV make sure point 23 is also done because 0.xml is altered by Google Play apps... Once you've successfully performed point 22, this does not have to be performed/repeated again.

Jul 15, 2015
But how install purify when i cant install from unknown sources? I cant install settings Database Editor from point 22

ovso

Oct 10, 2015
Happiest City
My tv is 55PUS7150/12 QV151E. I installed kingroot and rootexplorer uder user 0 (after couple tries) and they work ok, my tv is rooted (kingroot works as system app). But when i trying install app Settings Database Editor (step 22) it says its restricted to install apps from unknown sources. For me step 18 is unclear. Exactly which lines should be deleted. I remove line about rootexplorer and kingroot. Can you explain this to me.

At this point you can still install Settings Database Editor from Google Play store from your PC! I have re-written step 18 so it is more clear what to delete in 0.xml.

ovso

Oct 10, 2015
Happiest City
But how install purify when i cant install from unknown sources? I cant install settings Database Editor from point 22

If you are in the situation that you are not able to install Purify under "User 0" than you have to do it under "User 10" and delete the corresponding line under 0.xml. I'll re-write the guide now with your feedback!

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2015
I dit it. I installed settings database editor on user 10 and removed line from package-restrictions.xml but after switch to user 0 and reboot i got this
e24faaaa40eec49ca4fdd4fee52751a9.jpg

byhayati

Feb 10, 2014
Thanks. Any workaround for mouse and vpu codec.
İ have tried youtube for mobile version on user 10 There was 1440option but i did same on user 0 but there ıs only 1080. try new screen size and resulotion values by adb. Example changed size to 3840x2160 and 520dpi looks much better.

STRİNG DATABASE VERSİON. FRS 1.0A-2015/SEP./15

ovso

Oct 10, 2015
Happiest City
Thanks. Any workaround for mouse and vpu codec.
İ have tried youtube for mobile version on user 10 There was 1440option but i did same on user 0 but there ıs only 1080. try new screen size and resulotion values by adb. Example changed size to 3840x2160 and 520dpi looks much better.

STRİNG DATABASE VERSİON. FRS 1.0A-2015/SEP./15
Tried couple of tricks for mouse support but without luck, not sure where exactly it is disabled same for VP9 codec... I tried to play with resolution, but I was not happy with it. When I switched to 3840x2160@520dpi it looked better, but whole system became very slow, picture floated from right to left like on old TV's, TeamViewer's remote control did not connect with message "Initializing display parameters" and when I ran Kodi I just got flickering pictures... Had to set default values 1920x1080@320dpi via commands Resolution: adb shell wm size 1920x1080 , Pixel density : adb shell wm density 320

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2015
Ok now everything is working fine. I confirm install unknown sources on 55PUS7150 with this guide. Thanks for help:)

Matt17000

May 26, 2010
This means that your "Google Play Services" and "Google Play Store" are still running as system apps and they are disabling/blocking install from unknown sources. Focus on point 24 and double make sure they are disabled after start up in both KingRoot and also Purify! Before you restart TV make sure point 23 is also done because 0.xml is altered by Google Play apps... Once you've successfully performed point 22, this does not have to be performed/repeated again.

After days of fight i finally fully restore my tv, and going step by step with your provided apk. And..... It's working like a charm !

Thank you again for your awsome work ;)

Matt17000

May 26, 2010
I finally got Spotify on my home theater..... That's my first reason to do that.

Now i hope Philips will not block this workaround in future update...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PROCEED WITH CARE
    OVERVIEW TABLE - UPDATED FOR APRIL 2016
    Update%2BMaj%2B2016.jpg

* Comment applicable for TV's with QV15.1E chassis:
    Below guide does not apply for firmwares QV151E_R0.5.38.41, QV151E_R0.5.38.52 because root can be obtained directly under user 0 using KingRoot on them.
    Here you are download links for both firmwares:
    1. QV151E_R0.5.38.41 (Use utility FRD v0.94 for easy download)
    2. QV151E_R0.5.38.52 (Use utility FRD v0.94 for easy download)
    Below guide also does not apply for QV151E_R0.5.38.55 and up, because TP Vision applied necessary android security patches to avoid root...
    Upgrade/Downgrade above mentioned firmware via Android system recovery <3e> menu

Good news!!! Now we can get full root access on some ABD enabled 2015 Philips Android TV's
    13.jpg

FULL STEP BY STEP GUIDE:
    A. PREREQUISITES
    1. PC/Mac/Linux computer on the same WiFi / Ethernet network as your TV with functional Android Device Bridge (ADB).
    2. Working TeamViewer on above mentioned computer.
    3. Familiarity with side-loading APK's using ES File Explorer from USB storage and/or v from Google Play or similar.
    4. Readiness and excitement to get your 2015 Philips Android TV to the next level :)

B. CREATE AND SWITCH TO USER 10
    1. Install Terminal Emulator app from Google Play using computer or other device.
    2. Execute in Terminal Emulator following command: am start --user 0 com.android.settings/.DevelopmentSettings
    3. Enable "Developer options" and enable "USB debugging" in the popped-up window.
    4. Install Android Debug Bridge utility (ADB) on the PC preferably at root folder C:\ADB for easy use.
    5. Run the ADB utility on PC. PC must be on the same network as TV. Make sure adb.exe is not blacklisted in your firewall rules.
    It is better to connect both PC and TV via ethernet cable to the same router instead of WiFi.
    6. Execute following shell command: adb start-server
    7. Execute another shell command: adb connect 10.0.1.2 (IP of your TV)
    8. Execute shell command upon successful connection: adb shell
    9. Create new user under shell by performing following command: pm create-user FREE (any name)
    10. Note or remember what number was assigned with newly created user. Should be user 10.
    11. Switch to the new user profile executing shell command: am switch-user 10 (the number assigned to the profile above)

C. GET ROOT PRIVILEGES UNDER USER 10
    12. Execute shell command to enter security settings of newly create user 10:
    am start --user 10 com.android.settings/.SecuritySettings
    13. Enable installation from unknown sources using slider in the menu.
    14. Install rooting app KingRoot v4.8.0 (update to v4.8.1 later within app) under "User 10" and apply root. Navigate through app from PC via QuickSupport TeamViewer application because remote control does not work in it.
    15. Exit KingRoot app and execute it again. This time KingRoot will deploy as system application. It can take few more attempts for KingRoot to deploy as system app so be patient. Note: TV may restart itself when root privileges are granted.
    16. Install app Root Explorer v3.3.8. Use its re-mounting function by pressing R/W button to gain full read/write access to all files. Install also app Purify v1.2.0.120 which will help us!
    17. Edit following XML file: /data/system/users/0/package-restrictions.xml using built in "Text Editor" under Root Explorer.
    18. Remove line related to Root Explorer <pkg name="com.speedsoftware.rootexplorer" stopped="true" /> also lines <pkg name="com.kingstudio.purify"> plus <pkg name="com.kingouser.com"> and save file. This will allow Root Explorer and Purify to run under "User 0".

D. GET ROOT PRIVILEGES UNDER USER 0
    19. Switch from "User 10" to "User 0" executing ADB command: am switch-user 0 . If you've at this point lost access and can not perform switch via ADB install app adbWireless v1.5.4 from USB stick, allow root access and re-enable ADB. It also works via Ethernet cable. If you are still not rooted and end up in "User 10 trap" focus on getting root privileges. Uninstall + re-install KingRoot + switch to user 0.
    20. Restart the TV by unplugging / re-plugging power cord.
    21. Re-run KingRoot under "User 0" so it can fully deploy as system app. If you do not see the KingRoot app listed anywhere press gear button on remote and go to Setup/General Settings/Android settings/Device/Apps/System apps and open it from there. Afterwards the KingRoot app will be listed among other sideloaded apps.

E. ENABLE INSTALLATION FROM UNKNOWN SOURCES UNDER USER 0
    22. Install app Settings Database Editor v2016.01.26 from Google Play from your PC, run it, grant root privileges when prompt and edit value "install_non_market_apps" under secure tab from "0" to "1". Alternatively set root privileges to it via ADB by running ADB command: pm grant by4a.setedit android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS
    23. Edit 0.xml located in /data/system/users/ under line <restrictions no_install_unknown_sources="true" /> and change value "true" to "false" using text editor within Root Explorer.
    24. Disable "Google Play Services" and "Google Play Store" apps under Auto-start tab in KingRoot app. Alternatively run app Purify v1.2.0.120 and set "Google Play Services" and "Google Play Store" apps to Auto-kill+Block Start under Purify Apps tab. Other words make sure "Google Play Services" and "Google Play Store" are not on whitelist.
    25. Restart the TV by unplugging / re-plugging power cord.
    26. Enjoy the root and install any APK under "User 0" you like. :cool:. Installation of apps via ADB will also work from here. "User 10" may be deleted at this point using ADB command: pm remove-user 10
    27. Attention: If you (or Android system) open "Google Play Services" and/or "Google Play Store" apps than installation of apps from unknown sources will be disabled so go back and start from point 23...

F. TIPS AND TRICKS
    1. Find attached below all needed APK's that worked for me. (Except ES File Explorer - no more quota)
    2. If wanted you can install BusyBox Installer v1.4 and select BusyBox version v1.20.
    3. Launcher that I use in the screenshot picture is TV Launcher v3.0.20. Below is attached APK for it. No root required for this launcher, however uninstall Leanback Launcher updates under system apps otherwise you'll be not able to select "Home App" yourself...
    4. I've changed resolution of the UI from 1080p to 1440p. Looks great and so far no issues with it. 2160p does not work steadily (not supported in Lollipop)... Use ADB shell command: wm size 2560x1440 ... To go back use ADB shell command: wm size reset
    5. Great app called Root Booster can be found here
    6. You can replace KingRoot with SuperSU following this guide. It worked on my 49PUS7150/12, but TV restarted around 3 times. I've used the tool v2.4...
    7. You can make your life much easier with Total Commander with Android ADB plugin
    Let us know the tricks you tried.

G. ROOT - PROS AND CONS
    PROS:
    1. Install apps requiring root access
    2. Make TV more reliable and faster by deleting obsolete system apps (even preinstalled ones)
    3. Improve boot time and increase TV responsiveness by removing bloatware
    4. Manage processor and Android system performance
    5. Install a better web browser
    6. Use an iphone/ipad/mac based airmouse/remote mouse in this browser
    7. Tweak and test 4K posiblities
    CONS:
    1. Potential loss of warranty if not un-rooted before hard brick...

H. GUIDE IS FULLY TESTED AND WORKING on following 2015 Philips Android TV's:
    1. 49PUS7150/12 - QV151E - Version: 000.005.038.028, Date published: 2015-12-16
    2. PUS7600/12
    3. 49PUK7150/12
    4. 55PUS7150/12
    5. 55PUS7100/12
    Let us know if you are successful

I. GUIDE UNFORTUNATELY DOES NOT WORK YET on following 2015 Philips Android TV's due to dm-verity safe boot enabled:
    1. 5500 series
    2. 50PUT6400
    3. 48PUS7100/78 - error message: device '(null)' not found
    4. 55PUK6400 - QM152E - Version: 000.005.101.047
    Let us know if you are stuck

J. WISH LIST
    1. Enable mouse pointer - Enabled since March 2016 firmwares
    2. Enable 4K video content from YouTube
    3. Enable oscam server
    Let us know your wish

K. TROUBLESHOOTING IN CASE OF ISSUES
    1. Follow this thread: [GUIDE] Continuous restart / bootloop fix for Philips Android TV with Wipe Data Tool
    Let us know if you experience any issues.

QV151E NOTE: Rooting was possible prior to QV151E_R0.5.38.068 firmware. In this particular firmware there were Google security patches applied to avoid this rooting method. Even if you downgrade to prior firmware versions, you will no longer succeed with this rooting method.

@7100p, @Tomzzz4pda - Thanks for great contribution to make this guide reality :) !!!
    I saw couple of comments regarding unsuccessful adb attempts to 6400 series (XXpuh6400/88 - QM15.2E LA)
    Because I also arrived here after many-many googleing on same issue without success, let me share how I managed to solve it by myself finally.

First, about the problem: whatever I tried, after connecting with adb from PC to TV, the TV didn't list under "adb devices" and so I didn't succeed in sending any adb command to TV.
    Even thought after issuing "adb connect 192.168.0.xxx" and getting "connected" from adb, all command ended up in "error: device '(null)' not found"
    Believe me this was not for simple reasons like firewall..., I tried lots of things through several days.

I thought my TV's debugging was somehow blocked (although debugging was ON in developers menu).
    So I started to think how could I unblock debugging.
    I got an idea about trying adb debugging while TV was in service menu (you know when you enter for example "0 + 6 + 2 + 5 + 9 + 6 + Info" from remote)
    Edit2: It looks like simply entering to service menu is not enough, you need to give a test-reboot (in Sw maintenance/Sw events menu)

And really, this unblocked the debugging!
    Or maybe it has applied some extra access right across the system, because since that I have been successfully doing every adb command on TV even without the service menu trick.
    So this service menu trick needs to be executed one time only.
    Edit1: after wiping with wipedatatool, I had to repeat the trick, because I was unable to ADB again.

This way I could for example reboot to recovery to be able to install old SW (5.234.14), as the latest SWs are horrible (5.255.90 and 5.255.114 both have horrible lipsync issue)
    But I was also able to execute the rooting process up to user 10 creation and access right setting. I didn't go further, as I didn't want to root my TV, but at least this looked promising.

Post it here if this helps the rooting of QM15.2E LA, I'm interested in the real impacts of this trick. Maybe it's just a strange coincident :)
    I appreciate a "Thanks" also, if this is really a useful tip :)
    Hello,

Is there a way to unpack the *.pkg file of the firmware upgrade for the TV like this tool here: https://xdaforums.com/android/software/tools-mstar-android-tv-firmware-tools-t3559227, but for philips TV's, so in a way that maybe could extract the boot/kernel/ramdisk.img to patch with magisk or use the universal no dm-verify from here: https://xdaforums.com/android/software/universal-dm-verity-forceencrypt-t3817389 and then repack again and flash?

Thanks in advance for reply.
    Unfortunately it doesn`t work. :( It says "E:failed to mount /sdcard (Invalid argument)")
    Should the file be in ZIP format?
    You need to unzip the ZIP file and copy UPG file to the root of the USB...
    Doesn`t work / the same error :(
    Than it means that there is a problem with the USB that you are using. Make sure it is formated in FAT32...