[guide and steps] how to dualboot 2 or more roms using dualbootpatcher app

Search This thread

petbede

Nov 5, 2008
Everywhere
[GUIDE AND STEPS] HOW TO DUALBOOT 2 OR MORE ROMS USING DUALBOOTPATCHER APP

Howdy All!!!
Today, I'll be guiding you how to Dual Boot 2 ROM from S5 G900H device. This guide can also work for other Phone and Models as well, as long as it is been supported by DualBootPatcherAndroid app.

I'm not the creator of the DualBootPatcherAndroid app, I'm just the user that decided to share a guide and steps for using the DualBootPatcherAndroid app.

With this, we don't need to flash our current ROM away from our devices to try a new ROM. We just test any ROM by Dual Booting it and leave our Daily ROM Untouched. Also, there's NO LIMIT to the number of ROM you want to install on your Device, as long as there's Available Space on your Device or Micro Sd Card. And, any ROM that you Dual Boot that you don't want for one reason or the other, you can easily Delete it and it won't affect you Primary ROM which should be your Daily use ROM. You just Delete the ROM then you good to go with your Daily ROM.
DUALBOOTPATCHER NOW SUPPORT ODIN FILES AS WELL

I pay my Respect by giving Credit to the following:
@chenxiaolong, (for creating DualBootPatcherAndroid app) Here's his thread link http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2447534 to thank him and donate to him if you want to donate.

@yash92duster, (For his AWESOMATIC Work and Effort creating WANTED ROM S7EDGE PORT) Here's his thread link http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s5/development/rom-yash92duster-mm-6-0-1-stock-t3411527 to thank him and donate to him if you want to donate.

@jonathanmohamed, (for his AWESOMATIC Work and Effort creating AJ'S ROM NOTE7 PORT) Here's his thread link http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s5/galaxy-s-5-android-development-exynos/g900h-aj-s-n7-rom-t3487815 to thank him and donate to him if you want to donate.

I'm also thanking all other Members and Developers for given Support one way to the other to the above Mentioned OP's.

There's no way you gonna brick you device for following this Guide. You only put your device in DANGER if you Flash any ROM that's not Recommended for you device and if you include any other steps apart from my complete step... Then you have YOURSELF to BLAME!!!

First is to get everything that is needed, best to get everything ready and setup.
1> You need to be on the Primary ROM that you want to be using, that will be the ROM you using daily. My is AJ'S ROM NOTE7 PORT at the moment of creating this Guide and Steps.

2> You need to download the other ROM that you want to Dual Boot with. My is WANTED ROM as at now.

3> You need to download the DualBootPatcher app from the link https://dbp.noobdev.io/

4> You need to install the DualBootPatcherAndroid app on your Primary ROM.

5> After installation of the DualBootPatcherAndroid app, open it and it will ask you to set kernel and reboot, do as it instructed you to do... But, if it did not ask you to reboot your device that fine but if it said you should reboot then don't be a hero, just reboot.

6> Open the DualBootPatcherAndroid again if you reboot your phone, click on ROM and you see just your Primary ROM with a tick. Press the 3 dash on the top left hand of the phone.

7> Click on Patch Zip File, and click on the plus(?) button at the bottom of the right side of the phone.

8> Navigate to where the Second ROM is that you want to Dual Boot, and click on it, something will pop up with info about your device, leave that and click on the Partition Configuration and you will see list of where to install the ROM. You can choose Data Slot or Extsd Slot. Let me explain :
Data Slot: If you have space size you can choose Data Slot as you install more apps your space size will be reducing and you might end up with "Insufficient Space" message.
Extsd Slot: if you choose that then the ROM will be install in your ExtSdCard but the Data Files will be install in the phone memory but the System Files will be in the Memory Card.

9> After choosing your choice for installing the ROM, you now have to choose ID for the ROM, it's a name you want to call it. Now mind you, if you want to install any other thing ZIP files from recovery to this ROM, you MUST name it the same name and follow the process starting from number 6. If your satisfy with the ROM name you choose, then click "Continue". Then choose where you want to save the new ROM, and the click save.

10> Now reboot to recovery and navigate to where you save the new ROM and flash it as normal. You need not worry cause it will be installed in the new name that you named it.

11> After installation, reboot as normal, it will take longer than 10 to 15 minutes to show the Setup Screen but don't worrying it doing it's thing in the background. To know you on track, when it's restarting and you see the light at the very top left side of the phone ON,* then you know you on track, just leave it and soon you be greeted with the Setup screen of the ROM.

12> From the Setup Screen you definitely should know what to do.

13> When you've COMPLETED the Setup, the next thing to do is to install the DualBootPatcherAndroid app, that is what you be using to Switch ROMS.

14> To Switch ROMS:
I> Open the DualBootPatcherAndroid app
II> Press the 3 dash on the top left hand of the phone
III> Click on ROMS (for the first time it will ask to Set Kernel, go ahead and do it)
IV> Click on the ROM you want to Switch to (the one with a tick is the one it will always boot up whenever your device restart)
V> Reboot the device.
VI> Once Reboot, you be on the selected ROM.

Go ahead and Explore the DualBootPatcherAndroid app. But whatever you do. DO NOT MESS WITH YOUR PRIMARY ROM UNLESS YOU UNDERSTAND AND KNOW WHAT YOU DOING.

That's ALL there's to it. I hope this Guide been Helpful and easy to Understand. I Might FLASH my Phone from Scratch to create a Video Guide if I happen to find myself something to record with.

Don't just Type "thanks" but instead make use of the "Thanks Button"

Last edited:

guntzog

May 5, 2016
10> Now reboot to recovery and navigate to where you save the new ROM and flash it as normal. You need not worry cause it will be installed in the new name that you named it.

To do that should i Full Make a Full Wipe ?

Reactions: karthick dkk

petbede

Nov 5, 2008
Everywhere

To do that should i Full Make a Full Wipe ?

Did I mention about Full Wipe or Wiping anything? Please, people just follow the Guide and Steps as you see it... Don't include anything what so ever

petbede

Nov 5, 2008
Everywhere
May be i have to flash modem for kitkat
Does it conflicts with tge primary rom?
Thanks
@faqeeh.f,
Kindly follow the Guide and Steps. Instruction is not to add anything. Nothing will conflict with anything cause the DualBootPatcherAndroid app will sort it out.
Once again people, just follow the Guide and Steps as it is... Is that too hard to understand :confused:

faqeeh.f

Jun 13, 2016
@faqeeh.f,
Kindly follow the Guide and Steps. Instruction is not to add anything. Nothing will conflict with anything cause the DualBootPatcherAndroid app will sort it out.
Once again people, just follow the Guide and Steps as it is... Is that too hard to understand :confused:
No it's too easy. Was just asking.
Thank you and sorry for trouble

Sent from my SM-G935F using XDA-Developers mobile app

yash92duster

Jan 31, 2015
Chennai
@petbede
Hi there good work:good::victory:

One ques

Out of 16gb , How much internal memory is left for you
When you have two clean installed roms without any other apps installed ???

petbede

Nov 5, 2008
Everywhere
@petbede

One ques

@yash92duster,
I'm glad to be able to support one way or the other, that's why we ALL here to give support, to get the best among the best for our devices world wide:good:
As for the question you asked, I can't tell now cause I've 3 ROMS running on my device... WANTED ROM 6.3, AJ'S ROM 2.2, and CM-13.0.
What I'll do later today is to wipe everything and start from scratch and give the information details you asked for and be able to tell you.

Last edited:
Reactions: beardedfly

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [GUIDE AND STEPS] HOW TO DUALBOOT 2 OR MORE ROMS USING DUALBOOTPATCHER APP

Howdy All!!!
    Today, I'll be guiding you how to Dual Boot 2 ROM from S5 G900H device. This guide can also work for other Phone and Models as well, as long as it is been supported by DualBootPatcherAndroid app.

I'm not the creator of the DualBootPatcherAndroid app, I'm just the user that decided to share a guide and steps for using the DualBootPatcherAndroid app.

With this, we don't need to flash our current ROM away from our devices to try a new ROM. We just test any ROM by Dual Booting it and leave our Daily ROM Untouched. Also, there's NO LIMIT to the number of ROM you want to install on your Device, as long as there's Available Space on your Device or Micro Sd Card. And, any ROM that you Dual Boot that you don't want for one reason or the other, you can easily Delete it and it won't affect you Primary ROM which should be your Daily use ROM. You just Delete the ROM then you good to go with your Daily ROM.
    DUALBOOTPATCHER NOW SUPPORT ODIN FILES AS WELL

I pay my Respect by giving Credit to the following:
    @chenxiaolong, (for creating DualBootPatcherAndroid app) Here's his thread link http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2447534 to thank him and donate to him if you want to donate.

@yash92duster, (For his AWESOMATIC Work and Effort creating WANTED ROM S7EDGE PORT) Here's his thread link http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s5/development/rom-yash92duster-mm-6-0-1-stock-t3411527 to thank him and donate to him if you want to donate.

@jonathanmohamed, (for his AWESOMATIC Work and Effort creating AJ'S ROM NOTE7 PORT) Here's his thread link http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s5/galaxy-s-5-android-development-exynos/g900h-aj-s-n7-rom-t3487815 to thank him and donate to him if you want to donate.

I'm also thanking all other Members and Developers for given Support one way to the other to the above Mentioned OP's.

There's no way you gonna brick you device for following this Guide. You only put your device in DANGER if you Flash any ROM that's not Recommended for you device and if you include any other steps apart from my complete step... Then you have YOURSELF to BLAME!!!

First is to get everything that is needed, best to get everything ready and setup.
    1> You need to be on the Primary ROM that you want to be using, that will be the ROM you using daily. My is AJ'S ROM NOTE7 PORT at the moment of creating this Guide and Steps.

2> You need to download the other ROM that you want to Dual Boot with. My is WANTED ROM as at now.

3> You need to download the DualBootPatcher app from the link https://dbp.noobdev.io/

4> You need to install the DualBootPatcherAndroid app on your Primary ROM.

5> After installation of the DualBootPatcherAndroid app, open it and it will ask you to set kernel and reboot, do as it instructed you to do... But, if it did not ask you to reboot your device that fine but if it said you should reboot then don't be a hero, just reboot.

6> Open the DualBootPatcherAndroid again if you reboot your phone, click on ROM and you see just your Primary ROM with a tick. Press the 3 dash on the top left hand of the phone.

7> Click on Patch Zip File, and click on the plus(?) button at the bottom of the right side of the phone.

8> Navigate to where the Second ROM is that you want to Dual Boot, and click on it, something will pop up with info about your device, leave that and click on the Partition Configuration and you will see list of where to install the ROM. You can choose Data Slot or Extsd Slot. Let me explain :
    Data Slot: If you have space size you can choose Data Slot as you install more apps your space size will be reducing and you might end up with "Insufficient Space" message.
    Extsd Slot: if you choose that then the ROM will be install in your ExtSdCard but the Data Files will be install in the phone memory but the System Files will be in the Memory Card.

9> After choosing your choice for installing the ROM, you now have to choose ID for the ROM, it's a name you want to call it. Now mind you, if you want to install any other thing ZIP files from recovery to this ROM, you MUST name it the same name and follow the process starting from number 6. If your satisfy with the ROM name you choose, then click "Continue". Then choose where you want to save the new ROM, and the click save.

11> After installation, reboot as normal, it will take longer than 10 to 15 minutes to show the Setup Screen but don't worrying it doing it's thing in the background. To know you on track, when it's restarting and you see the light at the very top left side of the phone ON,* then you know you on track, just leave it and soon you be greeted with the Setup screen of the ROM.

12> From the Setup Screen you definitely should know what to do.

13> When you've COMPLETED the Setup, the next thing to do is to install the DualBootPatcherAndroid app, that is what you be using to Switch ROMS.

14> To Switch ROMS:
    I> Open the DualBootPatcherAndroid app
    II> Press the 3 dash on the top left hand of the phone
    III> Click on ROMS (for the first time it will ask to Set Kernel, go ahead and do it)
    IV> Click on the ROM you want to Switch to (the one with a tick is the one it will always boot up whenever your device restart)
    V> Reboot the device.
    VI> Once Reboot, you be on the selected ROM.

Go ahead and Explore the DualBootPatcherAndroid app. But whatever you do. DO NOT MESS WITH YOUR PRIMARY ROM UNLESS YOU UNDERSTAND AND KNOW WHAT YOU DOING.

That's ALL there's to it. I hope this Guide been Helpful and easy to Understand. I Might FLASH my Phone from Scratch to create a Video Guide if I happen to find myself something to record with.

Don't just Type "thanks" but instead make use of the "Thanks Button"
    good news announcement

Howdy ALL Fans and NOT Fans of Dual Boot Patcher App.

There have been MASSIVE great update of the Dual Boot Patcher App that I want to share to ALL Fans and NOT Fans.
    It comes with more greatly features;
    1> It now support Odin Image (AWESOMATIC)
    2> Backup/Restore is now possible with the DualBootPatcherApp (AWESOMATIC)
    3> Dual Booting S7Edge Wanted ROM from @yash92duster, Note7 AJ'S ROM from @jonathanmohamed, @amtra Note7 Nemesis ROM and also Dual Booting Samsung S5 G900H OFFICIALLY ODIN TAR ROM FIRMWARE (AWESOMATIC)

The Guide and Steps from the very first post still the same. I have updated the link for the DualBootPatcherApp

Follow the Guide and Steps and also the same steps when Dual Booting ODIN Image

I have added screen shots images of AJ'S ROM NOTE7 PORT as PRIMARY and Dual Booting WANTED ROM S7EDGE PORT
    Also added screen shots of AJ'S ROM NOTE7 PORT as PRIMARY and Dual Booting Samsung S5 G900H ODIN TAR ROM FIRMWARE

LINK TO FIRST POST http://xdaforums.com/android/help/guide-steps-how-to-dualboot-2-roms-t3470361

DO NOT JUST TYPE "THANKS" CLICK ON THE "THANKS BUTTON"
    @petbede The rom file that was zipped with the dualboot app and in my case I stored iy in the extsdcard and then I flashed it to be able to dualboot, can I delete it?
    @guntzog,
    Of course, you can delete any file you created with DualBoot App. If you want to install it again, you just recreate it again :good:
    Oh yea it works... Primary aj n secondary cm13
    @petbede

One ques

@yash92duster,
    I'll be writing a New Guide and Steps that will be beneficial for devices to SAVE Memory Space on devices and on Micro SdCard while using Dual Booting Patcher app. Stay tune:good: