THBK1-10 is a cheap dual system (Android 4.2.2 /Windows 8.1) tablet based on Bay Trail (Intel Atom Z3740D). More details http://www.thomsoncomputing.eu/dualboot.html
I'm trying to hack it, and especially get root and use non-signed zip in recovery. Basically i'm stuck at theses points, and i'm requesting directions to continue the work.
I have posted in W8 section, but obviously, this is no longer the place
* i can use a work-around to write system (/system, /data) partitions
* i can flash signed updates via recovery
* google apps are working flawesly. Only thing is to keep original files (stock keyboard and layout)
-> i would like to flash non-signed zip via recovery, but i guess i have to build a custom recovery, or can i exploit something else ?
* no auto root is working (z4root, towelRoot). Regarding towelRoot, i tryed each 8 common parameters, and i don't really know how to do others. I have also heard this is only working in 4.4.2+
* pushing su is not working. When i'm launching it, let's say from terminal, i have a code 255 return (-1). Tested with both arm and x86 version (i'm still wondering why arm su is also returning -1, i would have expect a non valid binary. Or perhaps my x86 version is bad ?
-> i'm still trying to dig this issue, and idea on how i could do ? i believe running SU was enough... but it seems not. Any idea ?
Many thanks !