Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Hard Brick on MTK6589 (Jiayu G4T Advanced)

OP FenriX`

19th August 2014, 12:28 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

7 posts
Hi! I really head your help!! I looked a lot around and followed lots of guides on how to revive my phone, but i've some big issue with it and i really hope that someone here may help me...

The Hard Brick (it won't turn on, it won't charge, it seems like he's totally dead) occurred the other day, i was trying to open googlemaps and the SP was really slow, so i turned it off, and then i wasn't able to turn it on again, at first it was stucked at the screen with the logo (before the splash animation, the logo that you can't normally change) then i managed to turn it on after 2 or 3 times taking off the SD card, but i got a corrupted homescreen, i turned it off again and then, after 2 or 3 times, i got the Hard Brick!!

Probably in my last attempts i created a bounch of errors in the rom that bricked my phone.

Here's what i've done to revive it:
- SPFlashTool 1332.0.187
- official drivers, recovery, rom, etc, from the jiayu.es website.
- removed the battery, manually installed the drivers.
- with spft i loaded the scatter file of the official rom and started the format:
the phone is recognised as Mediatek USB VCOM (Android) (COM3)
i always got the error: [B]S_COM_PORT_OPEN_FAIL (1013)/B] (with every option available)
I tryied to download only the preloader.bin and the recovery.img but i recive the same error.
- someone give me an advice: to remove every old driver for the phone and leave the SPFlashTool to recognise the phone forcing the installation of the drivers. And i really don't get how to do it, the windows update automatically detect the device, if i stop the windows update i simply get an unknown device, the SPFT don't have a chance to recognise it and force the installation of the drivers.

Does anyone of you have a solution, a similar problem, a way to revive my cellphone?
I really can't effort another one XD
19th August 2014, 01:41 PM   |  #2  
Flag Xanthi
Thanks Meter: 104

501 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenriX`

Hi! I really head your help!! I looked a lot around and followed lots of guides on how to revive my phone, but i've some big issue with it and i really hope that someone here may help me...

The Hard Brick (it won't turn on, it won't charge, it seems like he's totally dead) occurred the other day, i was trying to open googlemaps and the SP was really slow, so i turned it off, and then i wasn't able to turn it on again, at first it was stucked at the screen with the logo (before the splash animation, the logo that you can't normally change) then i managed to turn it on after 2 or 3 times taking off the SD card, but i got a corrupted homescreen, i turned it off again and then, after 2 or 3 times, i got the Hard Brick!!

Probably in my last attempts i created a bounch of errors in the rom that bricked my phone.

Here's what i've done to revive it:
- SPFlashTool 1332.0.187
- official drivers, recovery, rom, etc, from the jiayu.es website.
- removed the battery, manually installed the drivers.
- with spft i loaded the scatter file of the official rom and started the format:
the phone is recognised as Mediatek USB VCOM (Android) (COM3)
i always got the error: [B]S_COM_PORT_OPEN_FAIL (1013)/B] (with every option available)
I tryied to download only the preloader.bin and the recovery.img but i recive the same error.
- someone give me an advice: to remove every old driver for the phone and leave the SPFlashTool to recognise the phone forcing the installation of the drivers. And i really don't get how to do it, the windows update automatically detect the device, if i stop the windows update i simply get an unknown device, the SPFT don't have a chance to recognise it and force the installation of the drivers.

Does anyone of you have a solution, a similar problem, a way to revive my cellphone?
I really can't effort another one XD

There is a guide right here
19th August 2014, 01:51 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

7 posts
I already tryied to revive my phone with this guide, but with no success...

I was thinking that maybe someone can show me the right driver (with all the package of driver that i find i always have no idea which one i've to install)
And maybe someone already tryied to revive a jiayu g4a and know the name of the right preloader, 'cause apparently what i need to do is to download into the SP the right preloader to revive it...
Last edited by FenriX`; 19th August 2014 at 08:27 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread