Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,404 Members 48,230 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Hard bricked Note 3

Tip us?

johnzors
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Hard bricked Note 3

I'm afraid I made of hard bricked my note 3 ( yes I know this may be hard to do)... I tried installing clockwork mod and rooting my N900-Canadian Version. I am now a continuous loop in which my phone is trying to continuously go into boot mode not the actual startup screen. ODIN is not detecting it because it's not starting up. I cant put it into any other mode either. What do I do?

keveinee
Old
(Last edited by keveinee; 18th August 2014 at 02:43 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnzors View Post
I'm afraid I made of hard bricked my note 3 ( yes I know this may be hard to do)... I tried installing clockwork mod and rooting my N900-Canadian Version. I am now a continuous loop in which my phone is trying to continuously go into boot mode not the actual startup screen. ODIN is not detecting it because it's not starting up. I cant put it into any other mode either. What do I do?
i think your device have been soft brick, just with boot loop or loop on recovery, if you use philz's recovery version, you can flash a zip file to resolve the end of this problem, i don't know what recovery version that you're using. Now, you must take your device return the time you begin with the tools like kdz tool, or flash tool on lg devices.

johnzors
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by keveinee View Post
i think your device have been soft brick, just with boot loop or loop on recovery, if you use philz's recovery version, you can flash a zip file to resolve the end of this problem, i don't know what recovery version that you're using. Now, you must take your device return the time you begin with the tools like kdz tool, or flash tool on lg devices.
Thanks for the help.. It's was actually a soft brick then but now my device wont turn on. Can't enter recovery mode at all. It's a hard brick. I've seen a post where they explain how to perform an unbrick but I'm not sure if I need a specific debrick,img file for my N900w8 to mount on my micro SD card. Can you help me out?

keveinee
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Thanks for the help.. It's was actually a soft brick then but now my device wont turn on. Can't enter recovery mode at all. It's a hard brick. I've seen a post where they explain how to perform an unbrick but I'm not sure if I need a specific debrick,img file for my N900w8 to mount on my micro SD card. Can you help me out?
Press and hold 2 key volume up and volume down, and plug in your device to your computer machine. if have "download mode" on screen your phone, your device can be cured and if not. If have, i will help you next steps.

johnzors
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Press and hold 2 key volume up and volume down, and plug in your device to your computer machine. if have "download mode" on screen your phone, your device can be cured and if not. If have, i will help you next steps.
It does not have download mode..There is no Power at all. The phone is hard bricked . Appreciate the help! What do I do?

keveinee
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
It does not have download mode..There is no Power at all. The phone is hard bricked . Appreciate the help! What do I do?
charge fully your device first. and do it with my guide ago. maybe you will see "download mode".

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 519

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Pretty sure that no Samsung phones made in the last couple of years gets into Download Mode like that any more.

OP: You might need a jtag service such as this:

http://mobiletechvideos.mybigcommerc...-brick-repair/
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s
Now offering unlocking services - including many Sprint phone unlocks! PM for details!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / OnePlus One (64 GB)

johnzors
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s View Post
Pretty sure that no Samsung phones made in the last couple of years gets into Download Mode like that any more.

OP: You might need a jtag service such as this:

http://mobiletechvideos.mybigcommerc...-brick-repair/
Thanks a lot! I'd like to try doing it myself before I resort to sending it off somewhere. But if worst comes to worst I'll do that. There has got to be a way to fix this