Boot Loop on Kyocera Hydro Icon

Search This thread

lain21us

Jul 29, 2015
I ordered my Kyocera Hydro Icon from Freedompop and got it yesterday. I tried Root Genius, which seemed to work (by which I mean it asks me if I want to give root access to apps that need it, but does not allow user of the "su" command in Terminal Emulator). I then used a root app uninstaller and uninstalled a couple very harmless seeming things that the app said was safe to remove. Various forums said safe to remove. However, after doing that I'm now on a boot loop.

I did a factory reset from the boot menu (hold buttons, go to wipe data, etc.). However, my system still has the same issue and reboots unless I'm in Airplane mode (for the record, many people have reported this, and it's pretty obvious that some company triggers a reboot remotely when they don't like what they see on your phone, and that's why disconnecting prevents reboot). There were some Freedompop apps I uninstalled before, and they are still uninstalled after factory reset. I probably can't even return the phone because the KingoRoot app is installed and I can't remove it. I installed SuperSU, not sure exactly how it works, but it keeps telling me it wants to update and I can't go out of airplane mode to use the Internet.

So, after spending over 24 hours straight on this problem, frustrated the entire time, I found my way here. Though I was skeptical (having had much bad luck so far), I thought maybe a stock ROM would work. However, all links to any kind of ROM for this device on these forums were dead.

My understanding is the source was released for this device here:
tiny url .c om / ppbnlwo (used tinyurl to make it shorter so I could post it; goes to Kyocera Developer Support Downloads)

I'd like to know the following:

1) Will a ROM fix my device, removing Kinguser and all root-related changes I made?
2) Is there a ROM that someone can provide me with (along with instructions hopefully) to help me with this?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: justlovejoy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I ordered my Kyocera Hydro Icon from Freedompop and got it yesterday. I tried Root Genius, which seemed to work (by which I mean it asks me if I want to give root access to apps that need it, but does not allow user of the "su" command in Terminal Emulator). I then used a root app uninstaller and uninstalled a couple very harmless seeming things that the app said was safe to remove. Various forums said safe to remove. However, after doing that I'm now on a boot loop.

I did a factory reset from the boot menu (hold buttons, go to wipe data, etc.). However, my system still has the same issue and reboots unless I'm in Airplane mode (for the record, many people have reported this, and it's pretty obvious that some company triggers a reboot remotely when they don't like what they see on your phone, and that's why disconnecting prevents reboot). There were some Freedompop apps I uninstalled before, and they are still uninstalled after factory reset. I probably can't even return the phone because the KingoRoot app is installed and I can't remove it. I installed SuperSU, not sure exactly how it works, but it keeps telling me it wants to update and I can't go out of airplane mode to use the Internet.

So, after spending over 24 hours straight on this problem, frustrated the entire time, I found my way here. Though I was skeptical (having had much bad luck so far), I thought maybe a stock ROM would work. However, all links to any kind of ROM for this device on these forums were dead.

My understanding is the source was released for this device here:
    tiny url .c om / ppbnlwo (used tinyurl to make it shorter so I could post it; goes to Kyocera Developer Support Downloads)

I'd like to know the following:

1) Will a ROM fix my device, removing Kinguser and all root-related changes I made?
    2) Is there a ROM that someone can provide me with (along with instructions hopefully) to help me with this?

Thank you.