Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,161 Members 52,495 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help: can't add a google account on the phone

Tip us?

MarkozOriginal
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Help: can't add a google account on the phone

Hi everyone

My friend bought this phone, i guess it's a chinese version of an Samsung Galaxy S5. He was testing it and the phone doesn't even bring the Google Play Store. I tried to installed manually but as soon as it opens it closes itself. I then proceed to check his android account but found that there was none on the phone and it didn't even asked for one. We factory reseted the phone and it still didn't asked for a google account.
I went to the settings to try and upgrade its android version but found no upgrade button.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Markoz

PS: Here's an pic of the "about the phone"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2014-09-02 19.05.41.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (200.6 KB, 7 views)

polobunny
Old
Thanks Meter 2,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkozOriginal View Post
Hi everyone

My friend bought this phone, i guess it's a chinese version of an Samsung Galaxy S5. He was testing it and the phone doesn't even bring the Google Play Store. I tried to installed manually but as soon as it opens it closes itself. I then proceed to check his android account but found that there was none on the phone and it didn't even asked for one. We factory reseted the phone and it still didn't asked for a google account.
I went to the settings to try and upgrade its android version but found no upgrade button.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Markoz

PS: Here's an pic of the "about the phone"
That's because it doesn't have any Google Apps package installed. It's common with chinese devices (clones). You need to install a gapps package and probably spoof the phone as another one. There's tutorials on the net if you Google it. You'll need root.
Please press THANKS if someone helps you!

My current configuration:

Device: Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-i747M
ROM: cm-11-20140914-NIGHTLY-d2lte
Kernel: stock (testing harkness bld!)
Baseband: I747MUMUEND3
Bootloader: I747MVLDMF1
Governor: Interactive

Older device: Nexus S i9020A
The Following User Says Thank You to polobunny For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MarkozOriginal
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by polobunny View Post
That's because it doesn't have any Google Apps package installed. It's common with chinese devices (clones). You need to install a gapps package and probably spoof the phone as another one. There's tutorials on the net if you Google it. You'll need root.
Thanks! Right now i'm looking for the right root to do it. I'll let you know once I've done it.