Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,448 Members 41,236 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help with crypt7 ( WhatsApp)

Tip us?
 
andresx013
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: Aug 2014
Default Help with crypt7 ( WhatsApp)

hello, well first of all if i'm in a wrong section any moderator please move this.


i have a question and i want to know if anyone could help me...

i have the databases of whatsapp ( crypt7 ) on my pc ( not from my phone ) its from another phone and i want to odecrypt it so i can read the messages, i don't know how to do it.

I know how to read mine, i just want to know how to do in that case.

Thank youu!
 
Salim.Keady
Old
#2  
Salim.Keady's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 223
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Mt. Lebanon
Quote:
Originally Posted by andresx013 View Post
hello, well first of all if i'm in a wrong section any moderator please move this.


i have a question and i want to know if anyone could help me...

i have the databases of whatsapp ( crypt7 ) on my pc ( not from my phone ) its from another phone and i want to odecrypt it so i can read the messages, i don't know how to do it.

I know how to read mine, i just want to know how to do in that case.

Thank youu!
Delete the databases from your phone... place the desired one... clear whatsapp data... re initialize it .... restore msgs and read them... it should work
And yes i guess thats a wrong place to ask
If I Helped Hit THANKS
Current Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 9505
Past Devices:
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (Sold)
Samsung Galaxy S4 (Sold)
Iphone 4s (Sold)
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (Sold)
Iphone 4 (Sold)
HTC One X (Sold)
HTC Sensation XE (Sold)
HTC Sensation XL (Sold)
HTC Desire HD (Sold)
HTC HD2 (R.I.P)
The Following User Says Thank You to Salim.Keady For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
andresx013
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salim.Keady View Post
Delete the databases from your phone... place the desired one...clear whatsapp data... re initialize it .... restore msgs and read them... it should work
And yes i guess thats a wrong place to ask

how to do it ?

and yes.. im sure mods will move it
 
andresx013
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: Aug 2014
can anyone hlep me ? i have the entire WhatsApp folder.
 
leongzxc
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 107
Posts: 658
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by andresx013 View Post
can anyone hlep me ? i have the entire WhatsApp folder.
Settings - Applications - Whatsapp - Clear data/cache

put the desired crypt7 file into the folder on your sd card

Whatsapp/Database/<crypt7> file.

then launch whatsapp and restore.

however, do remember to backup your CURRENT chats and place it somewhere else (desktop for example) as nobody is responsible if you lost it yourself.
The Following User Says Thank You to leongzxc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
andresx013
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by leongzxc View Post
Settings - Applications - Whatsapp - Clear data/cache

put the desired crypt7 file into the folder on your sd card

Whatsapp/Database/<crypt7> file.

then launch whatsapp and restore.

however, do remember to backup your CURRENT chats and place it somewhere else (desktop for example) as nobody is responsible if you lost it yourself.
Thank you so much dude, ill try it, don't worry i already have a backup and copy of my chats.
 
andresx013
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by andresx013 View Post
Thank you so much dude, ill try it, don't worry i already have a backup and copy of my chats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by leongzxc View Post
Settings - Applications - Whatsapp - Clear data/cache

put the desired crypt7 file into the folder on your sd card

Whatsapp/Database/<crypt7> file.

then launch whatsapp and restore.

however, do remember to backup your CURRENT chats and place it somewhere else (desktop for example) as nobody is responsible if you lost it yourself.


nope doesnt work, i do everything you said but when im running whatsapp tri crypt it says Decryption failed and Recryption failed.
 
Pierreken
Old
#8  
Pierreken's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 27
Posts: 121
Join Date: Oct 2009
Ask the person who the messages belong to if you can read their messages?
I don't understand why anyone would want to do this.
 
andresx013
Old
#9  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierreken View Post
Ask the person who the messages belong to if you can read their messages?
I don't understand why anyone would want to do this.

actually is a private reason. obviously i cant ask the person, wont tell me anything.
 
leongzxc
Old
#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 107
Posts: 658
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by andresx013 View Post
nope doesnt work, i do everything you said but when im running whatsapp tri crypt it says Decryption failed and Recryption failed.
you may try this app on xda.

whatsapp extractor

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1583021

The Following User Says Thank You to leongzxc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes