Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Help finding hidden folders on Android with ubuntu.

OP JoshRoss70

22nd July 2014, 04:11 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

17 posts
My screen is completely out on my old Galaxy S3 (completely blacked out) and I have several folders that are hidden on its internal storage using a '.' at the beginning of the folder's name.
I made a bootable usb drive with ubuntu on it (I natively run Windows 8), but I knew that only ubuntu or the like would let me find folders that are hidden this way.
However, despite booting up ubuntu, and connecting the phone to the computer, I cannot find the folders. Any help?
I also used my new Note 3, hid a regular file this way, and couldn't find it either.
22nd July 2014, 04:48 AM   |  #2  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 888

774 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshRoss70

My screen is completely out on my old Galaxy S3 (completely blacked out) and I have several folders that are hidden on its internal storage using a '.' at the beginning of the folder's name.
I made a bootable usb drive with ubuntu on it (I natively run Windows 8), but I knew that only ubuntu or the like would let me find folders that are hidden this way.
However, despite booting up ubuntu, and connecting the phone to the computer, I cannot find the folders. Any help?
I also used my new Note 3, hid a regular file this way, and couldn't find it either.

Press Ctrl+H to enable hidden folders on Ubuntu..
22nd July 2014, 07:45 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

17 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeetherocker

Press Ctrl+H to enable hidden folders on Ubuntu..

Just realized that I didn't clarify that: I tried that, and still couldn't find the files (meant to put that in the OP)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
gs3, hidden files, linux, ubuntu
Previous Thread Next Thread