Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,261 Members 37,888 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help finding hidden folders on Android with ubuntu.

Tip us?

JoshRoss70
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Help finding hidden folders on Android with ubuntu.

My screen is completely out on my old Galaxy S3 (completely blacked out) and I have several folders that are hidden on its internal storage using a '.' at the beginning of the folder's name.
I made a bootable usb drive with ubuntu on it (I natively run Windows 8), but I knew that only ubuntu or the like would let me find folders that are hidden this way.
However, despite booting up ubuntu, and connecting the phone to the computer, I cannot find the folders. Any help?
I also used my new Note 3, hid a regular file this way, and couldn't find it either.

zeetherocker
Old
Thanks Meter 877

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshRoss70 View Post
My screen is completely out on my old Galaxy S3 (completely blacked out) and I have several folders that are hidden on its internal storage using a '.' at the beginning of the folder's name.
I made a bootable usb drive with ubuntu on it (I natively run Windows 8), but I knew that only ubuntu or the like would let me find folders that are hidden this way.
However, despite booting up ubuntu, and connecting the phone to the computer, I cannot find the folders. Any help?
I also used my new Note 3, hid a regular file this way, and couldn't find it either.
Press Ctrl+H to enable hidden folders on Ubuntu..
---IF I HELPED THEN JUST PRESS THE DAMN BUTTON.. IT MAKES ME FEEL GUD---

JoshRoss70
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeetherocker View Post
Press Ctrl+H to enable hidden folders on Ubuntu..
Just realized that I didn't clarify that: I tried that, and still couldn't find the files (meant to put that in the OP)
Tags
gs3, hidden files, linux, ubuntu