Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Help: How to remove cwm on tecno l3 mtk device

OP kayusgold

22nd June 2014, 04:49 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Developers in the house, I need your help on how to remove cwm on my tecno l3 ie returning it to stock or how I bought it. I have a stock rom dump from a friend. I have rooted the phone and flashed it with cwm but before doing it I did a backup which was having a .backup extension and hard reset the phone. After the installation of the cwm, I couldn't use the backup again. The only thing that I need from the backup file are my contacts and messages. I have tried all my best to extract from this backup but no success. PS: I hard reset my phone and then rooted it because it was locked due to wrong pattern by a friend, so the backup I made before resetting still contains the settings. Anyway to go about this? I will surely appreciate all suggestions and solutions. Thanks.
your new guy,
kayode
21st November 2014, 12:30 PM   |  #2  
Flag Arusha
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
More
Unhappy TECNO F6 SAME ISSUE and ALSO BRICKED
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayusgold

Developers in the house, I need your help on how to remove cwm on my tecno l3 ie returning it to stock or how I bought it. I have a stock rom dump from a friend. I have rooted the phone and flashed it with cwm but before doing it I did a backup which was having a .backup extension and hard reset the phone. After the installation of the cwm, I couldn't use the backup again. The only thing that I need from the backup file are my contacts and messages. I have tried all my best to extract from this backup but no success. PS: I hard reset my phone and then rooted it because it was locked due to wrong pattern by a friend, so the backup I made before resetting still contains the settings. Anyway to go about this? I will surely appreciate all suggestions and solutions. Thanks.
your new guy,
kayode

Hello there developers. I also i'm experiencing same issue but in a different device. I'm using Tecno F6 and install CWM but then i never new if resetting it in a normal way of going through SETTINGS > BACKUP & RESET could cause problems..so the next thing i found my device acting weird during the process of formatting so believing i'm saving the phone from further injury i decided to disconnect the battery and then i turned it on and there it is..HOME button doesnt work, notification panel doesnt show nothing, and if i hold power button it only brings two options, REBOOT and SHUT DOWN while at first it had so many options. Please help..i must have tampered the OS i believe :'(
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread