[Q] Help moding infocus m512 snapdragon msm8926

OP sirpy

15th November 2014, 12:10 PM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Trouble running (e2f)sck on the system partition
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirpy

Well, yes you can try to run fsck. you should follow the method i've outlined in previous post on how to boot the device into ftm mode. then you should be able to run fsck on the system partition (/dev/block.../by-name/system). you will need to run fsck with ext4 option, though i'm not sure if fsck is included, so you might need to download the android version of it and copy it to your device in ftm mode to the root directory change its permissions to 755. (remount / partition as rw)

In case anyone stumbles on this thread and attempts to run (e2f)sck on the system partition via ADB in FTM mode - don't do that. It indeed found errors however it wasn't able to correct them (it output a message about an invalid argument passed to ext2 library) and left the system partition in an unusable state - the phone went into an endless boot loop.

It was still possible to go into FTM mode. I tried wiping and doing factory reset via the recovery but it didn't help.

I was above to recover from this situation only by loading new firmware (I loaded MC2-1130-0-10CN-A02 in .nb0 format (obtained on 4PDA.ru) using the SUTL LR loader (also obtained there) followed by the ROM from Needrom).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread