Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,233 Members 51,210 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] need help with phone app

Tip us?

v418h4v
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default [Q] need help with phone app

hi guys i own a cubot s208 smartphone running 4.2.2 jellybean rooted. The phone app that comes with the phone is modded and i dont like it, so im trying to find a stock jellybean 4.2.2 aosp phone app to replace it with the one i have.

I looked everywhere and couldnt find the app i want

since my phone doesnt have cyanogenmod roms, if i download a cm10.1 rom for a different phone and extract the phone.apk from it and put into system/app in my phone will it work?

Please help me!!!!!

AAbounegm
Old
Thanks Meter 13

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by v418h4v View Post
hi guys i own a cubot s208 smartphone running 4.2.2 jellybean rooted. The phone app that comes with the phone is modded and i dont like it, so im trying to find a stock jellybean 4.2.2 aosp phone app to replace it with the one i have.

I looked everywhere and couldnt find the app i want

since my phone doesnt have cyanogenmod roms, if i download a cm10.1 rom for a different phone and extract the phone.apk from it and put into system/app in my phone will it work?

Please help me!!!!!
The phone app that comes with cyanogenmod is the stock google phone app. (com.android.phone)
I found a download link here: http://www.4shared.com/mobile/0ePjem...roidphone.html

If it doesn't work tell me, and I will get you the apk from my cyanogenmod phone, but it is 4.4.4 (CM11), so I am not sure if it will work on your device or not.
Just try this one and reply
Abdelrahman Aly Abounegm
Press the Thanks button if I helped

kapil_dheer
Old
Thanks Meter 114
Can't say about you......but a much easy to use phone app is exdialer.

Give it a shot.