[Q] [Help] Cannot play video on web pages (only if is from youtube)
Every time I try to play a video inserted in a web page (as the video posted in facebook when accessed form web browser), it appears an error message "this video cannot be played".
- In the facebook stock app, when clicking on video, a messaje appears: "The requested page does not exists"
- I can play the video only if it it comes from youtube
- I cannot install flash player for android ICS (my system is Jelly bean 4.2, but it shouldn't care), I get a parse error. I also have tried to install it from a folder different from the download folder, but without success. I have read in the forums that if I copy the apk to another folder (e.g. mnt/odb) and try to install from it, I will succeed, but those folders are banned for writing, so I couldn't copy on it.
- When I press and hold the video, the only options available are "copy image, save as background, and so on"
- I have installed MX player and Vplayer, hoping that when i open the video I'd be prompted to choose among the players installed, but, it always opens it with the stock player.
- I have accessed the pages in the mobil and desktop mode, but without success. In desktop mode I was told to update the flash player to play the video (I cannot install flash player)
- I have tried photon browser (it includes flash player), I could install it externally, but it behaves in a strange manner: it is not compatible with my device,
- I also tried boat browser, lighting browser (it can activate/deactivate flash player, but it is not installed in my phone), puffin is tricky (not available all day long) so i didnt tried it, firefox crashes after using it shortly.
My system: generic chinese smartphone (ALPS mini S4), android 4.2, 256 mb ram,118 flash ROM, SD card 4GB, CPU cortex A9 single core
The phone performance is pretty well for an unbranded phone.